[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / lack of comprehensive email contact details on goldcar website
I am looking to travel to Italy in a month time with friends and want to rent 2 cars. Have been trying to find by all means a point of contact with Goldcar to better understand payment methods.
I did see on the website debit cards are not accepted in Italy and last night I called the Italian number provided on the site and the guy on the phone assured me any cards that have Visa or Mastercard are accepted.
We all have bank debit cards with Visa or Mastercard included (examples attached in pics). Are these accepted or not? I do not want to make a reservation and lose the money because we have the wrong kind of cards.
Need this sorted out ASAP.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Updated by Ioana Jidveian, Jun 22, 2017
I have seen a lot of negative comments regarding Goldcar rentals, and hope the lower rates advertised are not a scam..
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 22, 2017
Dear Ioana Jidveian,
Thanks for y our comment.
In our offices of Italy debit cards or cash are not accepted, only accept credit cards. Remember that the card submitted at the counter must be at the same name of the person who made the reservation (main driver),
You have all this information in Terms and Conditions of our website.
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - car rental
- Goldcar - unethical behaviour 
- [Resolved] Gold Car - assistant at check in desk-further comment
- Goldcar - car hire
- GoldCar Rental - charges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!