[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / lack of comprehensive email contact details on goldcar website

Bucharest, Romania

Hello,

I am looking to travel to Italy in a month time with friends and want to rent 2 cars. Have been trying to find by all means a point of contact with Goldcar to better understand payment methods.

I did see on the website debit cards are not accepted in Italy and last night I called the Italian number provided on the site and the guy on the phone assured me any cards that have Visa or Mastercard are accepted.

We all have bank debit cards with Visa or Mastercard included (examples attached in pics). Are these accepted or not? I do not want to make a reservation and lose the money because we have the wrong kind of cards.

Need this sorted out ASAP.

Thanks
Joanna

GoldCar Rental
GoldCar Rental

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Ioana Jidveian, Jun 22, 2017

I have seen a lot of negative comments regarding Goldcar rentals, and hope the lower rates advertised are not a scam..

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 22, 2017

Dear Ioana Jidveian,

Thanks for y our comment.

In our offices of Italy debit cards or cash are not accepted, only accept credit cards. Remember that the card submitted at the counter must be at the same name of the person who made the reservation (main driver),
    You have all this information in Terms and Conditions of our website.

Regards,