[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / avoid goldcar spain - fabricated damage after car return is their common practice

1 Gran Canaria airport, Spain Review updated:

I rented car in Gran Canaria airport in 29th October. In the place you find out that you have no coverage of damages regardless of reservation conditions in your voucher issued by dealer. You are forced to buy additional insurance which is several times higher then price of the rental. If you refuse you need to pay deposit 1100 EUR, which is the trick because you will never get back it in full amount - after you return home they always fabricate some damage and assign to you. Before I took car I got checkout protocol, which had marked damaged places. I checked car myself and I found many other scratches and small paint damages not marked in protocol. I told it to their employer in garage and insist on him to add them to protocol. He added them and he signed it so every part of the car was marked. When I returned car, nobody was present at the workplace during opening hours so I had to leave keys in box and went to catch a plane. Next day I received brief e-mail below from "noreply" address that I will be charged for 330 euros for some 2 scratches, which of course were there before my checkout. This attempt to assign old scratches to you is their common practise and this is all fraud. Then they purposely do not have any contact e-mail address, so you can only raise a query on their support centre and futile wait for answer.

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 14, 2016

Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of clients is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, I have checked on our system that the damages charged during your rental weren’t marked on the check in/out form.
    Our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.
    As our Customer Services department explained you, we cannot refund these amounts because the damages weren’t there before you rented the car.

Kind regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative.

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 17, 2016

Dear Customer,

I have checked on our system that our Customer Service department have just answered you yesterday with a positve outcome.

They have refunded you back the amount charged previously as they noticed an error on our system's protocol.

You'll receive the money back within the following days.

Kind regards,

Gran Canaria airport
    Spain
    goldcar.es

Hello,

I received an e-mail below about LPA Notification - Contract: 10323509, where you notify me about additional credit card charge due to some scratches.

First of all during the checkout I checked, marked and added many of these kind of scratches to the protocol with your employee, most likely also two you mentioned. Defects apply to all parts of the body. Car also had a lot of similar minor paint damages as every used car, so I do not understand what you want to achieve whether it is only punishment for customers which did not buy your "additional insurance".

Secondly I returned car on time at the time your employee should be present at the workplace and he did not, so you can not guarantee that any damage of the car could be caused by anybody on the parking place after time I returned car.

Thirdly It is not very polite and pro-customer to send customers emails from "noreply" address with no possibility to react and with brief statement and couple of unidentified photos, which does not prove anything. It is not clear from this type of e-mail, what happened and from which car part photos come from.

I also created query files 1113736, 1115373 with no answer.

-------------"Dear customer, Thank you for trusting Goldcar Rental for your car hire. Attached is a message of interest to you. Kind regards, Goldcar Rental"-----------------

14th of Nov, 2016

Hi Victoria,

could you please explain me why your company posts daily answers here to the forum and never answer to official queries in your support system? Please check the protocol in attachment and ask your employee working in garage Las Palmas airport 29/10. We check car with him in garage and we marked additional damage to the checkout protocol. He signed it! He told that once the particular part of the car is marked it does not matter how many scratches are on this particular part. Maybe you have another version of protocol made before I physicaly saw the car before start of my rental. I had right to check car myself before I took it!

23rd of May, 2017

The exact same thing happened to me this week at Gran Canaria. We added 7 additional damages that were on the car but not on the checkout form. This form was marked and signed by the Airport employee (Dalia). When we returned the car we advised that there were additional marks and presented the form. We asked 3 times if we needed to sign the checkin form and the reply was "no, it's ok". When we arrived from our holiday we received an email from the same noreply email stating that 200.00€ would be charged to our credit card for damages to the car. We immediately called LPA and were asked to make a complaint in writing. We have done this to [protected]@goldcar.com
    but haven't recieved any reply. They could at least send a reply email saying that they received our email and advise how long it will take to reply …. NOTHING.