[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / apparent extra charge on your return to the uk

Spain, United Kingdom

I recently hired a car from Goldcar, picking the car up at Marseille airport. The date of the collection was Friday 25th August. My contract number with Goldcar is [protected] and my Client code is 8139340.
On picking up the car, I was told that if I paid 130.50 Euros, I needn't fill up the car on return and also as I had already paid for accident damage, I needn't worry about any damage to the car. So I paid the 103.5 Euros. This has been taken from my credit card.
When I returned the car to Marseille, there was no damage to the car and the tank was half full. This I explained to the lady at the desk. She indicated that this was fine as I had paid the additional 103.5 Euros. She didn't check the car with me for any additional damage.
So I was surprised, although all of the stories that I have heard on BBC RADIO 4 indicate that this is typical... that I was charged two separate amounts of the equivalent to £30.40 on September 5th.
So I need to know what this is for, as there is no explanation of what these charges are for. More to the point, there should be no additional charges.
I will await your reply before I take this up with the BBC consumer program.

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2017

Dear customer,

Thanks for reviewing your experience with our company. We are working really hard to improve our services.

Not returning the vehicle in the same conditions as those in which it was delivered may result in additional charges. Return the vehicle in an inadequate state can generate extra costs for extra cleaning services.

The maximum amount for this service can be found in our Terms & Conditions: https://www.goldcar.es/en/tc/

Kind regards,