Goldcar/Interrent / excessive deposit and inflexibility of staff
Inter Rent Car Hire - Booking reference GB449941990 - 8-12 December 2018
9:48 AM (1 minute ago)
I feel I have to inform you of the distress I had at Birmingham Airport at the Goldcar/Inter Rent office. I had paid for the car through Ryanair at an excellent price of 36, 36 for 4 days. However, when I presented my Credit Card for the Excess deposit I was told the amount for deposit was £1400 and my credit card would not approve the payment as the credit limit is 1200. They also would not accept my own Insurance "Insurance4CarHire" and insisted I paid for their insurance. This resulted in me having to use a debit card to pay the additional payment of £199.95 bringing the total to £236.31 for 4 days of hire for a small Citroen DS3. The excess deposit InterRent insisted on seems excessive to the extreme. I have just booked through CarTrawler via Ryanair with Enterprise and only £250 is required as a deposit. I realise I may be at fault for not reading all the paperwork beforehand but I have never been charged such an excess by any other Car Hire company.
Joan M Flint
More Goldcar/Interrent Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - car rental
- GoldCar Rental - car hire mileage charge
- GoldCar Rental - added charges
- GoldCar Rental - goldcar booking no 15641598. at arrivals terminal office, malaga airport.
- GoldCar Rental - unauthorised payment taken from credit card