[Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain

scam

4.8
Goldcar
Spain
In sept we travelled to malaga and hired a vw toran 7 seater from goldcar, there were 6 in the party so needed the extra seats. We were only there for a long weekend and just used the car to travel from and back to the airport. When we dropped the car off we asked for it to be checked but they only checked the fuel. Back in england my friends credit card bill arrived with an additional charge of £1861.66 after several calls and emails it transpired that we were being accused of stealing the 2 rear seats. This was unbelievable as we did not under any circumstances remove any seats from the car. We have asked goldcar to check the cctv as this will show we were all sat on a seat when we drove into the airport, but they refuse to do this. Goldcar have produced a receipt printed on plain paper (no letter heading) for £883.39 so we have had a refund of £978.27. My friends credit card co (Marks and spencer) will not help. Goldcar have said this is the end of the matter and will not issue a refund so I feel the need to let as many people as possible know about this terrible company. Do not use goldcar rentals!

Resolution statement

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Dec 12, 2013
Dear Travelgurl,

Goldcar doesn´t fake charges and we would take legal action on false accusations of any kind.

Just 3 quick points:

1) Those charges have nothing to do with Goldcar, as we explained you in private, but even though that, we have taken the time to make a research in google, in order to find it corresponds to a Club Resort in a place called "Los Belones" which is situated in direction to "Cartagena" (village name), that´s why you see "Los Belones Car" in your bank statement.
This Club Resort appears to be your local residence in Murcia according to the information you provide us when checking in with Goldcar.

2) We have never charged a deposit of 6000 euros to any client ever. We assume you misspelled an extra 0 on it.

3) It´s completely fine with us to display our internal records with your reservation details in which the amount of charges, dates and time do not fit with your claiming at all, as well as Goldcar does not accept American Express cards, which made it impossible, at the first place for us to make these charges.

We hope you get the time to contact the company which charged you, and finally get to clarify it properly.

Yours Sincerely,
Victoria
Goldcar Rental
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2014
Dear Gordon Streeter,

Thanks for your comment, please let me introduce a different point of view:

- We repair all vehicles at official dealers, you as an experienced mechanic may know the difference of prices that may be charged.

- Take into account that we must add to the price of the repairment, the cost of not being able to rent this vehicle during a number of days. This cost may be higher loss than the repairment itself.

Regarding fuel, since a couple of weeks ago, unused fuel reimbursement now apply to ALL reservations. The amount charged for fuel always includes other services as refuelling, quick drop off etc..

Thanks again for your feedback., it helps us to improve.

Best Regards,

Goldcar Representative.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 10, 2014
Dear Martena Smith,

Unfortunately, the problem you experienced with a long queue at our Almería airport
check-in counter is not easy to solve. As you mentioned, queues are due to the large amount of customers we receive all at once (on the same airplane, or even several in case of delays or high season traffic). Every airport has certain restrictions on the amount of staff and computers we can employ, thus the congestion. Nevertheless,
we have begun to open auxiliary desks during the summer season (Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and Málaga for the time being).

Furthermore, we highly recommend Online Check-in and Priority Check-in (available on
our website, https://www.goldcar.es/en/). We have currently added the option of buying any extras you may need or choosing you fuel plan online, which also accelerates the process.

We are very glad to hear that your past experiences hiring with us were satisfactory. We
are sending promotional codes to reward our loyal and return customers, so that they can benefit from discounts and other courtesies. Please send us an email at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we can send you one. Hopefully you will reconsider renting a car with us on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 30, 2014
Dear neil morris,
I am not sure you realize that what you suggest is preposterous. Not only would our customers be putting their safety in danger (the last thing any of us want), but it would also bring very serious legal consequences.
Regarding your accusations, we are currently doing our best to answer all customer complaints and doubts regarding our services to solve this issue as soon as possible. It is in our best interest to have informed and satisfied customers.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 30, 2014
Dear neil morris,

Please send us your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we may investigate and try to solve what in particular caused you to be dissatisfied with our services.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Stockfleth,
Please send us your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that we may review your fuel reimbursement. Customers are always refunded for the exact amount of petrol they return, so this is highly irregular. Please take into consideration that the fuel charge includes a small handling fee for our Fast Return Service. This allows our customers to not have to worry about refueling close to the office before returning the car and to not have to wait for it to be inspected. Also, please note that customers have the option of leaving a deposit on their card (“unfrozen” by their bank 15-20 days after the return of the vehicle) if they don’t want to buy full insurance.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 28, 2014
Dear Ron y,
The cars we offer are available for consultation on our webpage (Fleet tab), as well as on our FB page. In particular, here is a picture of one of our Volkswagen Passat.
Regarding our insurance policies, please understand that we cannot hand out a vehicle without making sure that any possible damages will be covered for. The deposit varies depending on the type of car, location and season, as does the full tank of fuel. This is available for consultation on our webpage. Also, please note that even after adding insurance and the full tank of fuel, our prices are very reasonable and economical.
scam
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 07, 2014
Dear Laoise,
We are sorry to hear that your rental experience with us was not satisfactory. Please take into consideration that the price advertised online is only the basic rental charge. We offer a pre-purchase fuel plan where a full tank of fuel is bought at destination and unused fuel is later refunded (minus a handling and administration fee for our Fast Return Service). Thanks to this service, customers don’t have to worry about refuelling close to the office before returning the vehicle nor wait for it to be inspected. Anything else is optional, like our full coverage, which is offered as an alternative to leaving a deposit on customers’ credit cards.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2014
Dear Paulgill,
We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our services. I am not sure if you were contacted by our Customer Services department, but the Special Cleaning fee you were charged was refunded the 22/08.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused and for the condition of the vehicle you were given. Please believe that it is highly irregular; offering top rate cars is our number one priority, 70% of our +37.000 car fleet is renewed annually.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 04, 2014
Dear Tometuna,
We apologize for not answering your emails, your complaint is being processed. Please send me your reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so that I may personally review your contract and any observations that may be noted regarding the return of the vehicle. I will get back to you ASAP.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 03, 2015
Dear Sashsolar,

As per our response on other forums, Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

We are trying to solve the waiting time issue by opening auxiliary offices. We are also doing daily schedules to serve our customers in the fastest possible way depending on the number of bookings at every moment of the day. Also, please note that a Priority Check-in service is available for a reasonable extra fee.

We are surprised to hear that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition. Offering top rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why 70% of our +37, 000 car fleet is renewed annually. We are an international company with offices in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Andorra, Malta and Morocco, serving more than 1 million customers a year (1% of which complain online).

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jul 24, 2015
Dear Leonard,

We are sorry to hear that your rental experience with us was not as expected. We apologize for the waiting time issue at the counter; we are starting to open auxiliary offices during high season and we try to organize our rental staff’s schedule in the most efficient way possible. Please note that our basic rental fee does not include comprehensive insurance coverage, it is a CDW (collision damage waiver) with excess. Our customers have the option of blocking a deposit or purchasing additional coverage (Relax Cover: http://bit.ly/1GJf1rv, http://bit.ly/1MraL8g ). Please note that, even with additional coverage, our rates are among the most competitive in the market.
We thank you for your feedback; customer comments help us to constantly improve our services.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 28, 2015
Dear Paul,
Please send us your contract number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com if you would like us to review anything. We are very surprised that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition; offering top-rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why more than 70% of our cars are renewed annually.
Victoria
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2015
Dear Peter,
I am very surprised of what you mention. Regarding coverage, the official and continuous procedure for our rental staff at the counter is offering the two options available. They offer our Relax Cover, covering the excess, as well as the option of blocking a deposit on the customer’s card to cover any possible damages during the rental period. This is explained on our webpage and on the brokers’ we work with; if customers purchase third party coverage, such as yourself, they still need to block a deposit and can later request a refund from them. Our Relax Cover charge is also specified in the contract you signed and the invoice you were given.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 27, 2016
Hello All,

Please feel free to contact me directly at goldcarweb@goldcar.com in regards to your situations. I would be more than glad to personally look into your cases and resolve them.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 04, 2016
Dear Sverken Caron,

Please feel free to email me at goldcarweb@goldcar.com so I may look into what seems to be a highly unusual case. I'd be more than happy to help.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2016
Dear Gerdy B,

I would be more than happy to help you. Which email address did you use? I replied in the other thread with my email address. Just please make sure to send your Goldcar reservation number so I may be of assistance.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jun 17, 2016
Dear Amanda and Angela,

Please note we always tell our customers to mark any damage present on the car at the time of collection in order to not charge for those when the car is returned back.

If you have any questions please contact me at goldcarweb@goldcar.com with your query and I will answer ASAP.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 01, 2016
Dear Customer,

We appreciate that you have shared this information. We will speak to that office regarding what seems to be a highly unusual case.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 10, 2016
Dear Eddie,

Please note that Goldcar services have highly improved since 2012. The company is evolving day by day to meet customer's expectations and to provide the best customer experience. We invite you to check all the improvements that we have implemented by booking with us again.

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 26, 2016
Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You can open a formal claim on this link: https://www.goldcar.es/en/incidencias/ and our Customer Service will deal with your case directly.

We are sorry that our service didn't match your expectations. Please note that Goldcar does maintenance work to every car before delivering it to a customer.

Goldcar representative
Complaint comments Comments (53)    Updated: Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

A  19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just been through a series of communications with Goldcar at Malaga Airport too. Was charged £89 for special cleaning of a Ford Focus. When queried I was sent two photos: one random one of the inside of a car with the upholstery all soiled (vomit/toothpaste?) and another of the number plate of the car we hired. This apparently 'proves' that it was us! We know for a fact that we DID NOT soil that car. We only took it to and from our hotel and consumed one bottle of water during the journeys. My credit card company (MINT) were very helpful and did dispute and chargeback the money but Goldcar took it again the following month.

Given the appalling situation of the review above, we got off quite likely. You have my every sympathy. That is unquestionable theft. Like you I feel compelled to let as many people as possible know about Goldcar - they are thieves. DO NOT USE GOLDCAR.
N  26th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had a problem with Goldcar but I got 8000 Euros back. If anyone wants to know the best way forward - send me an email.
N  21st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
We hired a car from Goldcar in Jerez and returned it 2 days later in Nova sancti Petri - We only used the car to get from the airport - we never went anywhere in it except to return it to Nova Sancti petri office. When we returned the car on 20th December there were no marks on it and the chap at the Nova Sancti Petri Office checked the car over and was very happy with it. when we returned from Spain I noticed they had charged me an extra 250 Euros so when I asked what this was for they said the windscreen had a crack in it, Myself and my husband know there was no crack in the windscrren. When I challenged this they said when it arrived at the garage it had a crack in the windscrren and when I asked for the receipt it was 3 days later that the car was examined. When I think of all the custom I have put there way and yet they will not refund my money. WHAT A RIP OFF THIS COMPANY HAS NOW BECOME. IT USED TO BE A GOOD COMPANY WHAT HAPPENED
A  21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
On Friday, 30th April we picked up our car
from Goldcar based in San Javier Airport, this was booked via the
internet through AmigoAutos agents. The booking was for 9 days in
total. We paid in full for the car hire and 74 euros for a full tank
of diesal. We had only been in Spain for two hours and received a
distressed call from our daughter informing us our home address in the
UK had been burgled and she had walked in on them. Can I just mention,
we have car hire at least 7 times per year and have used Goldcar on
numerous occasions, so I would think we are considered "good
customers". We managed to arrange flights back on Sunday afternoon
from Alicante Airport, having spent many hours on the phone trying sort
out bank accounts, insurance, etc. I telephoned both Gold Car and
Amigoautos to ask if we could return the car to Alicante airport,
together with half a tank of diesal, and 7 days remaining on our car
hire rental; I explained the circumstances and was obviously very
upset. Not only had our house been burgled, both sets of car keys were
stolen, bank cards, handbag, laptops etc and explained all this to both
companies. I requested if we could have a refund of the unused 7 days
car hire we had paid and the fuel - we were told no, and there was an
additional charge of 30 euros as we were returning the car to Alicante
rather than Murcia! To say I am totally appalled by their lack of
compassion, uncaring and totally non-human attitude this company has is
an understatement. I have emailed both concerned several times since
returning back to the UK and they insist they are not responsible and
its their policy to not refund any early return costs. I asked if they
would possibly transfer the 7 days to another 9 day booking I want to
make for June; again I been told no. I have informed them I will be
writing my experience on car hire review websites and cannot believe
how we have been treated. I will never use either of these companies
again, even if it is policy, surely a bit of compassion and
understanding would have not cost these large companies anything. I
not only feel like I have been robbed by burglars, but also by these
compaines. To add insult to injury, whilst we were handing the keys
back into the car park office, the car was promptly driven away,
obviously they were getting ready to re-rent it out yet again and
charge for it, yet again...
A  7th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Goldcar are a disgraceful company. They do charge for a full tank of fuel but the cost of the full tank is way more than you would pay at a petrol station in Spain (they charged us 94 Euros) and we didn't even use quarter of it. The other thing they do is bill your credit card in GBP without asking you and then do the conversion from Euros to GBP at an uncompetitive rate and add on a further 2% surcharge for the privilege (they also have the nerve to print on the reciept that you have been asked and have agreed to being charged in GBP - I certainly never was). They appear to be a cheap company when doing online comparisons but the reality is they end up being expensive by overcharging for petrol and fraudulently taking more money from your credit card by choosing not giving you the option to be charged in Euros which would be cheaper. The staff were rude and the whole experience left me disgusted.
A  16th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
We were ripped off two times by this company. We did not contact them directly but were appointed by www.carjet.co.uk to rent from them.
In 2008 my husbands credit card was charged of 350 euros after departure. This year they robbed us of +/- 150 euros in spite of letting the car beeing checked by the lady at Gold Car rental desk in Valencia.
I contacted the local police today. We hope to make them allert about this issue. Could everyone do the same?

To whom it may concern at goldcar.es and carjet.co.uk,

This year we booked our car hire via Carjet.co.uk again by Goldcar (totally unwilling, because if we would have knowed in advance we would have absolutely avoided to come even close by this company again! ), and having the experience from 2008 (zie bottom of this email) we feared that we will be robbed again by Goldcar of Valencia Airport.
Upon arrival at the pick up point we checked the car, we made photos of the car, of all the scratches that were already done to it, and checked whether the spare wheel was in place. We could not reach the spare wheel as this was fixed in big screws underneath the car.
When we brought the car back to the airport, prior to our flight back home, om 3rd July at 7-8 am, we asked the lady at the desk to come outside and look at the car and see that everything was there. We told her that in 2008 her company abusively charged our credit card with the reason that we might have stolen the spare wheel. What a reason!! We do flight and drive holidays, and have no place in our suitcases for such spare wheels. Besides, what should we do with a Citroen Berlingo spare wheel while we drive not French cars back home, it would not fit at all.
Any way..the lady looked at us in a strange way, saying with no words, that she would know of the malpractice of her company and that we bothered her confronting with the truth. I asked the lady to confirm that all about the car condition was all right and that NO ADDITIONAL costs will be withdrawn from our credit card after departure. She confirmed, after inspecting the car, and looking at its state, gas level, kms, and spare wheel, saying that all was in place and all right, and that no costs will be added to our transaction. The very overweighted Spanish driver, a man around 30-35 yrs old, who brough us to the airport with the shuttle van, was also present at the moment and can confirmed my conversation with the lady behind the counter.

And yet...what wehave feared of, has already happened. On 5th of July 2010 Goldcar carhire, has charged the Visa card of Mr. O. Soepenberg again, for something around 150 euro, less than last time, so thank you ;-///. No explanations are given for the transaction absolutely nothing.
I think that this Goldcar company is regularly doing illegal transactions ripping its clients off.
I want to ask carjet.com and carjet.co.uk no to do business with this company again, as it shadows the business experience of their UK web clients.
To Carjet.co.uk I want to ask to do everything possible to reimburse the transaction made by Goldcar on 5th July 2010 on the visa credit card of Mr. xx
If ever flying to Valencia again we will definitely no longer book through carjet.com or carjet.co.uk, as long as they continue to do business with Goldcar.es.
This company is doing illegal practices. Somebody there in the company is robbing all the clients and making good money out of it.
So please carjet.com and carjet.co.uk be alert, and protect your name and your clients, as this miserable company is no to be trusted.
We expect by the end of this week to have our money back, thank you, or otherwise we will press charges against both companies.
Regards,
frauded customer
N  27th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
We just got back from Mallorca. we also had a bad experience with Goldcar.
We rented a Focus at the airport to drive out to the Ilettes. Instantly when we drove, we noticed that the tyrepressure was too low. We went in to a gasstation and pumped it.
the next day the pressure was low again.
I called the and asked them to replace the car or wheel.
They told me to come out to the airport again. They told ME to change the wheel, which I refused as it had been flat from the very beginning.
It was absolutely impossible to talk to them in a sensible way. They woulden`t answer the phone. All the managers hed just left, all the time and so on.
Furious, I drove out to the airport on a semi flat tyre. I told them that I wanted to cancel the contract. They agreed to give me back 3/4 worth of fuel. The insurance I had paid for was lost.
Also, at the time when I signed the contract they had stated nothing about a special 2% exchange fee plus a lousy rate.
Later as I went through the contract they had added New conditions above my signature. FRAUD!
I paid with VISA so I expect VISA to reject any further payments to these crooks in Spain.

John, Denmark
A  7th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
We have just been ripped of by goldcar for 90 euros for damage to a hire car that did not happen no details given
no evidence i am very annoyed would not rec
A  18th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been robbed too by these swindlers in the same method: an extra charge for fueling the car (73 Euro for a car with a tank capacity of max 50 Euro + extra insurance charge in France, which covers nothing). I intend to sue them and look for others who wish to join me.
John, Israel
N  27th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I recently hired from Goldcar, booking through Autoeurope.co.uk. for a week's rental from the office at Malaga Airport.
I was mis-sold extra insurance which I had already purchased at the time of booking, charged above the rate for a full tank of petrol and then my credit card, Mastercard, was billed for pounds sterling rather than euros.They did not give me the option about this and did not ask, which means they exchanged at a rate well below Mastercard rates, with tax added as well. Does Mastercard choose to ignore this sharp practice when granting licences to use their system? If so, they are implicitly falling in line with this 'scam' and they should not allow companies like Goldcar to be a participant.
In handing over my credit card, I would assume that my business is with Mastercard, a company which guarantees and insures their transactions and this practice I feel slips Mastercard, and other card companies, alongside these disreputable firms.

Be aware of Goldcar and if you can, choose a better company.
D, UK
A  22nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I rented a car from Goldcar (via HolidayAutos) in Mallorca in August. I didn't mind too much paying £71 for a tank of petrol for a car that obviously held nowhere near that amount as I was getting a fairly cheap deal - but I did have to give them my credit card details. Two days ago (20 Dec) I noticed a £26.22 debit on my credit card from Goldcar - that's 4 months after my last dealings with them, with no letter or explanation as to what this payment is for. I haven't tried to contact them, I just immediately raised a dispute with my credit card company (Barclaycard) and will let them deal with it.

It's not a huge amount of money but I would not trust one bit a company that would remove money from your account with no warning or explanation. Beware of these cowboys and take your custom elsewhere.

IW, Scotland
N  19th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
J’avais loué une voiture à Ténérife chez Autoreisen l’an dernier, aucun problème.
Cette fois, pour une semaine à Lanzarote, je fais un comparatif, c’est Goldcar qui ressort le premier : 123€ la semaine, pour 1 voiture de type BB ( Fiat Punto en l’occurrence)
du 9 mars à 23h59 au 16 mars à 16h. Le prix normal était de 108€ avec un extra de 15€ pour avoir la voiture sans faire la queue au guichet.
Arrivée à 23h30, on me demande un signature, et la voiture est à moi, plein d’essence 7/8.
Le lendemain, je m’aperçois que ma facture est en fait de 226€.
Au téléphone, on me dit que le plein d’essence est payant ( 63 € pour un réservoir de 45litres rempli à 7/8, et une essence à 1.10 € le litre ) mais qu’il n’est pas utile de remplir le réservoir au retour, soi-disant pour rendre notre séjour plus agréable .
Personnellement, j’ai utilisé pour 40€ d’essence, d’où une fraude déjà de 23€.
Ensuite, on m’a appliqué un surcoût de 30€, car je suis arrivé après 23h, l’heure prévue était pourtant bien notée sur la réservation.
10€ de plus car j’aurais refusé la voiture proposée ( sic) et ils m’auraient donné une voiture d’une classe supérieure ( BB sur le contrat de réservation, BB sur la facture)
Cerise sur le gâteau, mon compte bancaire a été débité de 242€

Tous les clients Goldcar rencontrés sur l’île se sont fait pigeonner de la même façon .
N  11th of Apr, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I completely agree. Never again.
1. There were three reps and only two of them attending clients. The third of the stupids was just looking at me and had me wait until one of the two busy attendants were done (for 20 minutes).
2. They block 2.000 EUR from the card if you do not take their insurance. (Full version of what happened: they tried to block 2k from my credit card but it did not work, I called Chase and they did not even see the transaction and confirmed I had over 3k available. The Goldcar sales offered to buy their insurance of over 100 EUR for some days. When I mentioned to chase that Goldcar was trying to force me into buying their insurance, the Goldcar rep tried another credit card machine and suddenly everything worked properly!)
3. They force you to buy a full tank for over 100 EUR for an Opel Corsa. What are people going to do that only take a short trip to surrounding cities?
It is very sad to say this, but this is a Spanish fraud company!!! (Makes me feel uncomfortable that I also have a company in Spain...)
N  8th of Jul, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I agree with all the comments regarding GOLDCARS. I hired a car from GOLDCARS, Before I returned the car I had the car washed and valeted. The car was inspected on return by their agent at Malaga airport who remarked "how clean the car was". 6. weeks after I returned the car they charged my car an extra 112 euros for valeting. My numerous emails to goldcar have been completely ignored.
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE BIG TIME RIP OFF MERCHANTS. THEY WILL WAIT FOR AROUND 6 WEEKS AFTER YOU HAVE RETURNED THE VEHICLE THEN PUT EXTRA CHARGES ON YOUR CARD. I AM NOT AN ISOLATED CASE.
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.
THEY WILL HAVE YOU.
A  9th of Aug, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Rented from Goldcar in Spain. Took a "special cleaning" charge of 89 Euros. Car was perfectly clean when I returned and then sent fabricated pictures to "prove" car was very dirty and justify illegal charge.
These guys are huge scams. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!
A  12th of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
We too have been robbed of €130 for fuel. The car holds 60 litres, equating to €2.16 per litre. The current price locally is less than €1.50. Also we will probably only use a quarter of a tank and then they will sell MY fuel to someone else. Pirates!
N  6th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Tenerife south... One hour wait to get car booked despite having booked online!
Charged 130 euros for a full tank of petrol that we didn't need as we had only to travel a short distance.
Purse lost in the car was returned by next customer to Goldcar complete with money and cards. When eventually returned to me, the money was missing and no one will admit to taking it.
Where is there head office? No one seems to know!!!
Do NOT use this company!!!
N  24th of Dec, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Be aware !
Goldcar is also robbing its clients at Faro Airport !
They charged me 90 Euros for a VW Polo diesel fuel tank (45 liters) witch costs around 63, that was 3/4 full when I returned the car !
I had also to pay an extra for renting a diesel (witch I didn't ask), and they tried to force me to buy extra insurance (another 150 euros ) . And I have still to check my Credit Card for further rip-offs.
A  24th of Apr, 2013 by    +2 Votes
i picked up and returned a fully fueled small renault (clio) after a week's use. was charged 71.39 euros for fuel under their
Full-Empty fuel policy, having missed their fine print admonition to return the car empty. clerk said "computer can only
charge for a full tank." customer service (complaints) said in effect tough luck, no exceptions.
reading the above horror stories, i would fully agree that goldcar is an outfit committed to full-scale scamming and should be shut down by spain's ministry of commerce for abusing it's license to rent cars. apparently it exceeds it's business charter by "selling"fuel instead of replacing it.
i'll be on the lookout for any activity on my credit card from goldcar and will advise it to not pay anything beyond the bill i left their office with.
A  11th of May, 2013 by    +1 Votes
What looked like a bargain became way too expensive with Goldcar! I rented a car with Goldcar at Girona Airport: in their terms and condition you have 3 options for the fuel but in fact Goldcar forces you to choose the full/empty option charging you a lot for the petrol which you are bound to leave unsure for most of it. Also Goldcar charged me extra insurance to go to France,
they block 600 euro for not taking their full insurance ( i have a 3rd party insurance with AXA ) ...in the same situation Hertz Germany blocked 200 euro for an Opel Astra estate...here they blocked 600 euro for a Ford Fiesta...total cost = 63 (initial cost) + 171 (petrol +
extra insurance France ) euro = 234 for 5 days...totally uncompetitive!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree