Gmac / collections calls while

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I had a stellar account with gmac until march 2008. It was at that time I lost 100% of my income because of an ongoing civil rights dispute.in the past year I have sent numerous emails to various individuals at gmac requesting someone contact me regarding what my options are in this situation. Unfortunately, since last april I have not received a single response to my emails.

In fact I have received just the opposite of the assistance I have requested in my numerous emails. I recently began working at a temporary job, therefore, I cannot receive telephone calls at work. Per the fdcpa I informed your customer service representatives that I am at work and can be reached after 5:00pm. Unfortunately, I still receive at least 3 phone calls before 5:00pm. I answer each one and say the same thing. Last week alone I received over 25 phone calls before 5:00pm. Today, I have received 3. Again, this is after telling the representative that I am at work and cannot receive calls.

I must say that I am deeply disappointed with the way this situation has been handled by gmac. I would have thought that companies like general motors and gmac would be especially sympathetic to consumers who find themselves facing financial hardships and who have no one to turn to for a bailout. Ironically, it has been the companies like hyundai who have not faced the same financial challenges and woes as their customers who have been empathetic, sympathetic, and understanding. To me, this is very sad. I truly hope there is some way that gmac can work with me in my current situation as I have tried to be more than informative with gmac (even when I am contacted repeatedly while at work when I have stated I am at work.)

Comments

Jo
  8th of Mar, 2009

Civil rights? Are you STILL hiding behind that? That excuse is getting old. I am a minority and I am tired of my people bringing that up. If you get fired, you get fired. White people get fired all the time and don't file lawsuits.. in fact, they don't even get hired because they're white. Equality is exactly that, EQUALITY. Pay your bills, if you can't pay your bills, go through the proper channels and locate resources. Civil rights... PLEASE. This isn't 1965. Get over it. Everyone struggles. Every color.