Gmac / awful experience

In july 2008 I filed an insurance claim to have water damage to my garage fixed. My insurance agent was on the job right away. Had my check for repairs in less then 7 working days. But they had to put gmac name on the check.in turn gmac stated 'if it was below a a 10, 000.00 claim to put my account number in the upper right hand corner of the check'.

I did and send it tracking with the paper work I was sent filled out.in turn gmac sent the paper work as well as the check back to me. Told me I was to sign my name on the check and resend the paperwork and the check. This was in august 2008. Next in september gmac called my at my work place nearly causing me to lose my job to tell me I needed to fill out yet more paper work and it would be sent to me.

Next I received the paper work that needed to be filled out and have it notarized. Gmac kept the insurance check, though. October 16, 2008 I called gmac insurance claim department and was assured 1/3 of my check would be disbursed within 5 to 7 business days. As of november 3, 2008 I didn't recieve a check, a call, or anymore paper work. Just an informal letter reading my check was put into a separate escrow account and to call again.

I did call and was told I need to re-do and have the contractor as well as myself resign and notarize all the paper work. I had to pry out of the gmac female non speaking english rep. As to what paper work. Then I was told I wasn't allowed to have any of my paper work back or the check. That if I didn't make copies I was just out of luck.

The rep. Contacted a mr. Marin white while I was put on hold. Then came back to me saying mr. M. White stated this this and that. I asked to speak to mr. M. White myself. Put on hold again for 5 or more minutes. The rep. Got back on to tell me mr. M. White left work 20 minutes before I called.

Now i'm left with the paper work I did copy of course and have to call my contractor to meet me again to re-sign and notarize the paper work. Please no I live in michigan and the time frame of this insurance claim and trying to get my garage repaired has lead to further damage to my garage the past 3 months.

Gmac states they have interest in my property yet in letting it go to — in a hand bag. Now my contractor and myself are left to do the clean up and repairs during the winter months. I honestly believe gmac is keeping my insurance claim check in a separate escrow account with full intent to rip me off and keep it. If anyone knows what my rights are regarding this I sure would appreciate some input.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      18th of Nov, 2008
    Gmac - Scam and cheating
    GMAC
    gmac.com

THESE PEOPLE ARE THIVE THEY CHARGE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID NOT ASK FOR .THE DO NOT SEND YOU WHAT THEY TOOK YOUR MONEY FOR. I ORDRED THE FREE TRIAL OF ACAIPUR AT$0.00 AND ONE PACK OH HUDA GUM FO R$9.95 AND $4.00 SHIPPING . NOW I HAVE CHARGED TO MY CARD $44.90 ON 11/11/2008, TODAY IS 11/21/2008 I CALLED MY BANK HAD TO CANCEL ACCOUNT GET NEW CARDS .I WORK FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA CANNOT AFFORD TO GIVE AWAY MONEY . I WILL BE ASKING THE GOVERNMENT DO TO HELP THIS SITUATION. I HAVE ENDED UP PAYING BOUNCED CK CHARGES FOR THESE THEIVES. THEY GIVE NO CONSIDERATION AS TO IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEIR PRODUCT OR NOT.THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE COUNTRY
    WHERE YOU CAN BUY WHAT YOU WAN TO, OR REJECT WHAT YOU DO NOT.

• Pj
      13th of Nov, 2010

You need to send your story and complaint to the State Insurance Commission, as well as, hire an attorney. I am currently dealing with GMAC on behalf of a friend whose life has been destroyed from an accident, and I have documented all correspondence one in particular is a criminal tactic. Currently just in the negotiation stage I am confident it will work out as I have plans to do exactly what I have suggested you to do, as they do not want the Insurance commission or an attorney involved. Take a stand and get noisy about it.

• Pa
      18th of Oct, 2011

your right about gmac, had wind damage to roof in February of 2011 took them 6 week to respond, tore shingles off the roof, they said only needed a repair, yet 15 homes within a 1 block area of my house have had roof replaced, had repaired, cant match old roof, 14 years old and they don't make tri tabs any more, went 5 months of rain and now have water damage in side house and garage, they want me to open a new claim, instead of fixing the roof right way in march now i will have to deal with this for who knows how long, gmac wants their money on time but up your's when you need it back, i will pursue this as far as i can, GMAC is a shifty insurance company and i will never recommend them to any one, will try to have people i know with them change