Gillece heating, cooling, and plumbing / excessively costly

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I had Gillece come to my house to recharge the refrigeratn in my air conditioning system. When I called the receptionist would not tell me how much it would cost. I thought that was strange. Now I know why. When the technician came to my house he indicated that it would cost 900-1200 dollars - outrageous! When I called a competitor I was told it would cost about 150 and the receptionist quoted my the price over the phone. Quite a difference! I would be wary of ever doing business with Gillece - unless you have a lot of money to spend (and waste!)

Comments

• Ju
      25th of Jun, 2010

Gillece did the same thing to me! We wanted freon in our central AC unit. The technician refused to inject the freon before: acid washing coils & performing a full system leak inspection to the tune of @ $2100.00. Then he explained how it would OBVIOUSLY be more adventageous to just buy a new AC unit for aproximately the same price. Then he asked me if I would like to immediately complete a credit application, or, he could have his sales manager come to my home IMMEDIATELY (after waiting 2 days for them to show...they cancelled each day) right then and there to talk to me about the new ac's. He absolutely refused to just put the refrigerant in the unit as I requested and leave! I ended up paying a $95.00 charge for him just showing up to do nothing. I didn't want to pay. I knew I had just gotten railroaded, but it was the only way to get him out of my house!