[Resolved] Getaroom.comroom reservation cancellation

I reserved a room on the Drury Inn and Suites, Fairview Heights, IL webpage this past week and found out today that I needed to cancel it. I tried to cancel it through the hotel where I was sure I had booked it and they informed me that the reservation was made through getaroom. I was upset to learn this and then even more upset that i could not cancel without paying for the room. I feel like getaroom stole the reservation and locked me into paying without letting me know that it was a third party service. That is fraud. The booking still says "free cancellation", but I am being charged.
I respectfully request a full refund as it is still more than 24 hours before the reservation.
I view this activity as fraudulent and will work with the credit card company for a refund it getaroom is not willing to issue a full refund.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by lindagibbons, Nov 24, 2018

Nov. 19, 2018 - After seeing the complaints about this service, I am more convinced that the site is fraudulent. It did not disclose that it was a third party booking site when I made the reservation or I would not have used it. In the future, I will call the hotel directly for any and all bookings. This has been an expensive mistake and I will continue to seek resolution which is nothing less than a full refund.
    The reservation receipt still states "free cancellation". That is a lie.

Resolving a complaint by not doing anything is not a resolution.

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact number for the Drury Inn and Suites, Fairview Heights, IL reservations department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured, we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through various sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well. Please accept our sincere apologies that you felt misled.
    By securing this reservation online, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. In addition, upon completion of your booking, an electronic copy of your itinerary was sent via email to the following address (Insert email) that you provided.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase.
    We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns.

Sincerely,