Georgia Power — extermely high bills!
Our bill four times what it was in april. This is outrageous!! Our bill in april was $165, the bill we just received in august is $638!! This is ridiculous!! Our bills have gone up each month an average of $118 each month. We keep our thermostat locked on a set temp of 75 and only run it a few hours throughout the day and the bills still continue to go up substantially every month - it just doesn't add up. I called georgia power to complain and they said that we should keep our thermostat on 80 degrees and that our bills would continue to be elevated because they double their rates june 1st-september 30th. 80 degrees, really? Why bother running a/c then, that is not a comfortable inside temperature! And doubling your rates during the highest usage period of the year?! That seems like robbery to me! And of course they can get away with it because they are the only power company in this area. Unbelievable!!
More Georgia Power Complaints & Reviews
- Georgia Power - additional deposit required 
- Georgia Power - smart meter 
- Georgia Power - fees for a &returned check& that wasn't sent for payment 
- Georgia Power - liars and theifs
- Georgia Power - double billing 
- Georgia Power - billing process
- Georgia Power Company - customer service
- Georgia Power - fraudulent collection removal 
- Georgia Power /GA Right of way - incompetent employees
- Georgia Power Company - power keeping going out every time there is a slight rain showers