General Motors Corporation / excessive oil consumption

1 Blaise Alexander Cheverolet Muncy PaMilton, PA, United States

I drove my daughter-in-laws 2013 GMC Terrain 15 miles to the dealership at Blaise Alexander in Muncy Pennsylvania after checking the oil level which was full. After arriving at the dealership I was told it was 3 quarts low and it needed a timing chain. The GMC terrain in question has approximately 82.000 miles on it . If this vehicle used 3 quarts of oil on a 15 mile trip I would like to know how replacing the timing chain is going to take care of the excessive oil consumption problem. From what I read on the internet the 2.4 liter ecotec motors that were manufactured in 2012 and 2013 were built with defective piston Rings which allow the oil to blow by. If this is the case why wasn't a recall issued for this problem. And why is the dealership charging for a Timing chain when the engine uses excessive amounts of oil. I don't think the timing chain is the problem other then excessive wear on the timing chain guides due to the lack of oil which was GMC's problem in the first place. I have owned gm cars and trucks all my life if I don't get a fair and equitable solution to this problem I will no longer purchase anything from Blaise Alexander or any other General Motors Dealership ever again. Thank you for your time.

To