General Electric / class-action suit on refrigerator moisture!
A recent visit by a GE service person (who was replacing and fixing some parts on our dishwasher due to their recent recall) advised us on the class-action suit GE had regarding moisture problems with a certain line of refrigerators. After a brief look at ours he stated it was one on the list. I took the time to look up this class-action suit on GE refrigerators on the computer . I read an article on the extension given by a judge to consumers who were unaware of this suit. I made a call on Feb 28th for an appointment with a GE repairman to look at our refrigerator. After a brief call with his office, we were informed that they could not honor the class-action agreement of replacing the refrigerator doors, I asked why. Their response was that I responded to late, and they had a deadline, which was Mar 27th? I said I thought that they had extended any deadline for consumers who were unaware of this issue. They said that any further extension beyond Mar 27th would be that the consumer could still get the doors replaced, but for $600.00. Go figure? I will never buy another GE product again and will advise others to do the same.
More General Electric Complaints & Reviews
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- GE - ge retroactively ends warranty without notice 
- General Electric Company - adora dishwasher
- General Electric Company - microwave
- General Electric Company - fridge ge-cafe, model cfe28ushlss
- General Electric Company - refrigerator model gz522dmjjfes
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...