General Electric / microwave repair
Have GE microwave model JVM1650, magnetron went out, was four years old, no warranty, GE repairman quoted me on telephone price of &69.95 for service call and $100.00 to repair item. Thought price was too high for item I only spent $300.00 for, but wife wanted to keep item and we called and rescheduled appointment. Another repair man came, took 35 minutes for him to replace warranted magnetron, and charged me the $69.95 service call, but charged me $175.00 for the labor, with tax, it came to a total with tax of $229.45 I called GE service Dept. and they said they have no say in what their technicians charge for service, cannot believe such a reputable company could get away with such actions, although it looks like I'm out the extra $46.00 they charged me, I hope that by others reading this, they will pay heed to all the negative response's this company has received. If in doubt, google GE magnetron on internet.
More General Electric Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - refrigerator model gz522dmjjfes
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...
- General Electric Company - washer#gtw460asjww and dryer #gtd42easjww
- General Electric Company - glass top stove
- General Electric Company - ggdt580ssfss