General Electric Company — ge bottom door refrigerator
Refrigerator breaks down constantly, is not repairable and/or faulty parts are being used.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Rapid City, SD
Oct 2015: repaired water leaking under vegetable bins; replaced ice maker freezing up; water leaking onto floor
Apr 2016: repaired water leaking under vegetable bins; replaced ice maker freezing up; water leaking onto floor
May 2016: replaced ice maker leaking water; dispenser filling with water
Sep 2016: replaced ice maker leaking water; dispenser filling with water
Repair costs to date: $1, 625
Nov 2016: water again leaking under vegetable bins
Dec 2016: ice maker leaking water, water running onto floor from bottom of fridge
I concluded i bought a lemon and decided not to spend more money to repair nov and dec breakdowns and requested a replacement refrigerator. Ge did offer to replace the refrigerator for $1, 000 (Replacement cost of a new fridge). But i want full replacement as i've already spent over $1, 600. Ge will not answer my request either by phone or mail. Decided to also contact home depot where my purchase was made and see if i can enlist their help in getting a replacement refrigerator.
Definition of a lemon: not fixed after a reasonable number of repair attempts.
More General Electric Company Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information