SUBMIT A COMPLAINT

General Electric Company / dishwasher

Fairfield, CT, United States Review updated:
Contact information:

I bought their more expensive dishwasher that was awarded the "Energy Star".

The dishwasher was leaving a film of detergent on the dishes and on dishwasher's inside after each wash.

I called a warranty service and a not very friendly technician dismissed my claim saying that it is the water in my home that is not hot enough for the dishes to be washed properly.

He told me that one of the reasons why this dishwasher was awarded the "Energy Star" was that it was equipped with flimsy heater that was incapable of heating up the water it intakes from the tap by more than 10 F deg.

But even when I turn the water heater to the max, the dishwasher would still leave a film of detergent on the dishes, as well as some unsolved (liquid) detergent in the dispenser.

Recently, I discovered that I am actually eating some of that left detergent because if dissolves into water and other drinks from the cups and mugs that were washed in the dishwasher.

So, right now, I am washing the dishes manually before putting them into the dishwasher, and then, again, after washing them in the dishwasher, apparently, in order for General Electric to be able to collect their "Energy Star" awards.

If you think you may enjoy the above hassle then, by all means, by a GE dishwasher.

Dr
Aug 29, 2016
Sort by: UpDate | Rating

Comments

  •   Aug 30, 2016

    I have cut down on the amount of powder I put in my dishwashers. To very small amounts. I of course have rinse agent in them. My dishes and glasses come out sparling clean. Cheap, nothing special dishwashers, one in an area with magnesia water. Cut down on the powder you use. 1 teaspoon, or less.

    0 Votes

Post your comment