General Electric / microwave tray
Ge spacesaver microwave, model jvm1870sf2
Glass microwave tray broke in two while heating food! unit is about 4 years new. ordering one from ge is about $100! still paid $50 from third-party. amazing. i've used more variety of ge medical products than probably anyone in us, because of my diverse medical training: diagnostic ultrasound; mri scanners; ct scanners; general xray; specialized ir, and cardiac c-arm machines. ge currently cannot repair problems on my cardiac equipment at a major hospital for one year now. as a consumer, every company out there makes junk. part of the bigger problem is us. we've been programmed to expect less, after years of using chinese-infused products. glass microwave plates breaking when being heated? what did the engineers think it was going to be used for? $100 for replacement. pyrex glass bowls (same thing) cost $5.87 at walmart, and they use more glass. c'mon ge...i'm obviously a brilliant person to use all those medical devices and my opinion counts bigtime. $100 for something which should have been manufactured to withstand heat of a microwave oven. $50 was bad enough for a product that was probably made in a sweatshop, in some smog-filled chinese city without safety or qc. the sad part is that both trays probably come from the same chinese factory; the ones with the ge logo on the box costing twice as much.
More General Electric Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information