GE / ge air conditioner
I bought a 10, 000 btu ge air conditioner from walmart on 6/5/07. I used it for approx. 3 months, running it mostly at night. I started using it again this year around june and woke up the other morning and it was dead. I paid $208.00 and use this ac for approx. 5 months in all. I called ge but they said it was nothing they could do since it was a year old and I explained that it may be a year old but I have only used it for no more than 5 months. They said the best they could do was to give me a $75.00 rebate if I went out and bought another ge ac. Why would I want another ge if they only last 5 months? He said he could do no more and that he was sorry but that is not enough for me because $208.00 is alot of money for me and I feel like they owe me at least a partial refund. I also told him there were no ge's around here because it has been very hot and they were all sold out. So I had to drive 40 miles one way to lowes and bought a samsung ac that came with a 5 year warranty for the same money. I even told him I had recently purchased a new ge stove and refrigerator and why can't that rebate be applied to that but he said only on an ac. What a rip off ge is... So sorry now that I purchased their other appliances.
More GE Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - refrigerator model gz522dmjjfes
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...
- General Electric Company - washer#gtw460asjww and dryer #gtd42easjww
- General Electric Company - glass top stove
- General Electric Company - ggdt580ssfss