GE Money Bank / Detailed personal information given!

1 P.O. Box 1204Zephyrhills, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352 521 7063

I applied for a PayPal Plus Credit card through the PayPal website. I was given the number [protected] to call to complete the credit application. I called and provided the service rep ( joe) with all of my personal credit information. I was then informed that I was declined for their card and would receive an explanation in 30 days. I asked why I was declined because I have an A+ credit history. I also expressed great concern that I had just provided him with all my personal credit information and that now I was concerned about who I was really in contact with. He gave me the number to PayPal [protected].

Have I just committed financial suicide? I have been reading all of the complaints on this bank GE Money bank and I am extremely paranoid at the moment!

Comments

• Pj
      21st of Apr, 2008

Just got one of these letters saying my credit score was lowered and so was my limit for GE MoneyBank because I had delinquency on recently open accounts.

Rather than panic & call the number, 866-300-6432 and give the ### criminal on the other end my personal info, I googled the number and lookie what came up!

This is a scam. ALWAYS google the correct number of an agency before giving out your personal info. These SCAMMERS are getting better and better.

You can check your credit report and receive one FREE each year set up thru the US Gov't. AnnualCreditReport.com or AnnualCreditReport.org

This paper actually looked OFFICIAL but it's NOT!!

23rd of Feb, 2011

I also received one of these letters today (2/22/2011). The letter thanks me for being an ongoing PayPal Extras MasterCard account holder. They noticed recent activity on my account that they would like to verify with me. They have tried unsuccessfully to reach me by telephone. Since I don't have a MasterCard, I knew something was up. In addition, my Paypal account has no activity and my phone number on the account is correct. My bank reaches me all the time at that number. Another red flag. Googled the phone number and found your complaint.