GE Money Bank / Returned check fee due to input error!
On 12/16/07, I attempted to make an online payment using GE Money's web site, paying the balance in full roughly one month prior to the end of the promotional period. In noticing the payment did not clear my checking account on 12/19, I contacted the Customer Service area and spoke with a representative. In reviewing the payment information, he indicated that (per his records) the ABA routing data was correct, but per his file, I had inadvertently (or had I?) input an incorrect digit in my account number. He indicated that he would make a note of the input error in the file, and did NOT indicate that a fee would be assessed. He also offered to make the payment for a fee ($15) over the phone, but he confirmed that the payment did not have to be received until mid January to avoid finance charges, so I opted instead to use a statement I had and mail a check in, which I did immediately following my conversation, still with WEEKS to go before expiration of the promotional period.
On 12/20 the above referenced account was assessed a $29.00 Returned Check Fee related to the attempted online payment, despite my having spoken to them on the 19th.
As the information to post a correct entry was provided to GE Money Bank on the 19th, AND I expressed a willingness to have the correct transaction processed at that time (but not for an additional fee), I have been attempting to contact the customer service area to reverse the $29.00 fee upon receipt of my check for the ORIGINAL balance (pre $29 charge) to clear the account balance. At this time I am still trying to make contact with GE Money Bank, but based on others' complaints, I hold little hope for a satisfactory resolution. It appears that they thrive on making it difficult for customers making on time payments in full, and interestingly, afford customers no way to reach customer service online via email, instead forcing interminable waits on their "customer (non) service" line.
I am even wondering whether I actually made an input error, or if GE Money Bank intentionally created the error to generate a return item fee (and possibly finance charges and late fees had I not noticed the error until receipt of my bank statement in January).
More GE Money Bank Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] GE Money Bank - Cheating customers! 
- GE Money Bank-Yamaha Installment Financing - Unauthorized ACH Transaction, fraud, vioalation of fair credit reporting act 
- Ge Money Bank / Care Credit - Cheating, lying swindlers! 
- Ge Money Bank / Amazon.com - amazon.com store card denial 
- Ge Money Bank (Lowe's Consumer Credit Card) - Non Compliant toward request 
- GE Money GE Homelending Cerberus Ltd T/A MyMoneyBank - house renovation loan - in france
- GE Money Bank - Care Credit
- GE Capital bank money finance - the stole 3,500 dollars from me 
- Ge Care Credit - overcharged interest 
- GE MONEY - credit rating