GE Money Bank / &Account Security& charges

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I signed up for GE MoneyBank's CareCredit card for my dental procedures (braces). I was recently looking at my statement online and I noticed that they have added "account security fees" which was around $80 EVERY month since December 2005. When I asked the customer representative, she gave me a different number to call. Since today's a holiday, I will be calling them tomorrow... I am waiting for appalling answers.

Additionally, their collection agency calls and promises that they would waive the "pay by phone" fee if I make a payment over the phone with them. But when I look at the statement online, the pay by phone fee has been applied and not waived. When I asked the reps about this, they inform me that I should be aware that every time I make payments over the phone that there will be a charge. But I told them that wasn't my concern. My concern was that I am promised that the fee will be waived when in fact the statement says otherwise. To this, the rep said that the fee was assessed by the collection agency and that they should not have misinformed. I told the rep to file a complaint about this and that I needed a letter stating that this was done. But she said that she cannot provied a letter of a formal complaint. I feel violated!

Comments