GE Money Banklowering credit limits again!

Back in october ge money bank cut everyone's credit limits down within a few hundred dollars of their current balances - well, they are on round two because I just received another letter from lowes stating they are cutting it again based on the credit report - the same one that ge money bank f-ed up last time by cutting my huge and unused credit limit down to be within $200.00 of my balance at that time! Credit scores are based on the available credit to balance ratios, so when they lowered it the first time, they lowered everyone's credit scores - so now they can do this all over again and lower it some more! I am pissed! I am now thinking about going to all my other ge money bank stores that still have good balances on them and charging them to the freakin max before they cut those credit limits too! I am no longer paying them more than the minimun payments either - I will never buy anything ge ever again! I urge everyone to file complaints with the thrift and loan, and attorney generals office, and even email the white house to insure that they don't get any bailout money! I guarantee you that if they get bailout money, they won't be raising our credit limits back up to what they were, and will most likely all give themselves a nice big fat bonus check too! Screw them! Please file complaints!!! I'm going shopping before they cut back the other accounts -

• Pa
    Pattee Sullivan Oct 05, 2007

Jason calls me during supper after i have worked 12 hours to argue with me to send a 10.oo payment for a bill that is past due of 1.78 - we argued and i finally said i don't know who you are. I am not giving you my banking info over the phone and ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK.

Beware people!

• Su
    sue george Oct 09, 2007

I have repeatedly had issues with payments not being posted, late fees or posting late. GE Money Bank is non responsive to consumers. Have sent them certified letter's. Just faxed the CEO

David Nissen
    p. [protected]
    f. [protected]

Maybe if he hears from consumers things will change!

Joe Joslyn Nov 06, 2007

Their monthly fees are extremely out of control. How can this be legal. Very poor customer service, they do not stand behind what they say they will do to work with you.

• Th
    Thomas Nov 24, 2007

Their monthly fees are the standard monthly fees of EVERY OTHER CREDIT CARD COMPANY IN THE WORLD. I personally work for a cc company and if u idiots would just read your terms and conditions WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE CARD you would not have these issues. EDUCATED YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU DECIDE THAT THE CC COMPANIES ARE SCREWING U OVER, U ARE SCREWING YOURSELVES OVER WITH YOUR IGNORANCE!!

Maria Axmann Jan 08, 2008

I have had similar issues! I had lasik done - sent a $1200 payment to the SF Opt Out GE Money Bank address (so that I could get a receipt back). Payment was mail on 12/3/07 and money taken out of my account on 12/7/07 - then received a call in January saying I am behind on payment and never paid anything in December. I had to go back to my bank stop payment wait for a refund and then sent a bank check to the GA office and they got it and cashed it within days. Now while all this is going on I sent out 2 more payments to the FL office and at this time neither one of those has been cashed or credited to my account. And getting ahold of the GA office is about a joke I have spent more than an 1hour on hold just waiting to get a real person on the phone.

Needless to say I have to go back and call them again because the other two payments have disappeared as well and when I asked if we could conference on the Opt Out Office they told me there were no numbers we could reach them out - HELLO wasn't born yesterday - No business will have an office that they can't get ahold of!

I will never do business with this company again!

• Is
    Isabel Gracey Jan 24, 2008

Exactly the same happen to me... the call any time of the day even late at night and sundays... to argue with me about a psyment for a bill that is past due (for $$ I don't owe them) We argued -they have nerves ro ask me for my banking info over the phone to wire them the minimum payment, also ask me for my social security because they cannot find me in the syste! Surely they have my cell to harass me. ARE THEY NUTS!! On January 7 , 2OO8 GE Bk sent me a letter telling me that the dispute was clear and they credited my account. Since them I have received 2 more letter asking me for a payment. What is wrong with this agents! Worse of all NO BODY from the bank takes any acction. You CAN'T FIN ANY ADDRESS just the representative's address THAT ARE INCOMPETENT and/or any Administrator responsable? How this bank operates? Thru agents? No real bank or location?

WHAT CAN I DO, THIS BANK NEED TO STOP HARASSING CUSTOMERS!! WRONG MISTAKE SIGNING FOR A CREDIT WITH A GHOST BANK. DO NOT DO IT!

• Pa
    Pam Revezzo Jan 31, 2008

I receive two to three calls daily from GE Money Bank asking for some person I've never heard of. I tell them every time they call that no one by that name is at this phone number and not to call again. Every day they call again. I've never even heard of their company.

Charlie Brown Feb 14, 2008

I will be up front about this I admit I was 2 months late ,I was going through a divorce with children involved so GEMB was not my top priority at the time but as soon as I got the chance I sat down called them told them my problem paid 1 months payment so I was only behind 1 month ,paid the current plus the 1 behind. I told them I am disabled permanently & that I only receive my check once a month & told them I could only pay when I get my check at the beginning of each month ,they said fine no problem catch it up next month---OK...we were in agreement. Then I start getting these phone calls asking when am I going to pay the late payment I go through it all again OK.. more phone calls & more phone calls I finally got mad & quit answering --the collectors said they would not quit until I was payed up..they were right .They never quit until I was payed up. One time in particular this guy called Christmas eve morning I bet he wished he never made that call I let him have it .I asked him wasn't there someone who in his past had done him wrong someone ,somewhere ? Call them this morning & aggravate them I said when you call me on Christmas eve morning I take it personal. Well I went at him for like 5mins. nonstop I did not even take a breath! LOL he hung up on me... He has not called me back..CB

• Ro
    robert richardson May 21, 2008

I do not receive a bill from GE Money Bank consistently. I am staring at the last bill I received from them it is dated 3/15/08 it is now 5/21/08. I do get late fees and GE Money Bank is messing with my credit. They say I get a bill, they confirm my address, but I get no bill just more late fees and a run around.

• Ba
    bajaskier May 22, 2008

Robert:

Re: GE Moneybank a.k.a. GEMB CareCredit

Been there, done that.
    1) Beg, borrow or steal whatever you owe them, less and late charges or interest.
    2) Send a certified check, return receipt requested.
    3) Cancel your card
    4) Change bank accounts.
    5) Change/cancel any accounts of which you gave GEMB the number.

It's a pain, but that is your only solution.

Good luck.

• Vi
    Victoria Else Jun 10, 2008

I purchased a Yamaha flute on a deferred finance charge plan. After they sent back payments and created problems for me along the way, I now find out that at the expiration of the deferred finance charge period, they intend to bill me the full amount of finance charge I would have paid if I had never made any payments at all. In other words, I am worse off than if I had never made any payments--it adds up to a 78% interest rate on my remaining balance. When I called them in shock, a snotty CSA told me to look up the word "deferred" in the dictionary. But I have read through everything I signed, and I don't see any reference to the idea that I will be billed the entire finance charge on the ORIGINAL balance on any date. This was a deceptive offer and I am being stolen from.

• Ca
    Carol King Jun 13, 2008

We financed some pet surgery thru Care Credit. Ge Money Bank has the loan. They refuse to send monthly statements and when your loan is late, they harrass you thru phone calls. When you pay late because they don't send a billing statement, they charge a 27.990% late charge plus a 65.00 late fee. They say they are sending statements and if we don't receive them to contact the Post Office. After repeated calls and requests to speak with a manager, we cannot resolve this situation. They are intentionally not sending statements to jack up the interest rate on the loan and get late payments. This is the most dishonest Company I've ever encountered.

• Mi
    Michael Field Aug 05, 2008

I am so disgusted with this company I have been trying to resolve this problem and nobody seems to know anything. We have completely paid off our card and this company keeps drafting money out of our acct every month. We have tried and tried to get them to stop and nobody seems to know anything our bank says they cant help and that we need to contact them. This is ridiculous. ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND!!!

• Ba
    bajaskier Aug 05, 2008

You are going to have to close the bank account.
    Your bank SHOULD help you get a refund, otherwise sue GE Moneybank in small clainms.
    You are entitled to triple damages, and you WILL win.

• La
    Laurie Sep 29, 2008

Not sending statements is a violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre01.shtm

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission asap

samawi Oct 04, 2008

the guy who talked to me when I activated my credit card got really mad when because I did not accept the extended whatever life insurance plan, and he refused to answer my other questions, claiming that he is not customer service, what ###

• Re
    reno Oct 31, 2008

Make my payments, bill comes down for a few months, then BAM! an increase for no apparent reason. For over a year bill has yet to drop down from $400. Miss one month and they call every half hour on the hour. Even on Sundays. I called before and was told that they were correct on the billing and nothing can be done. My original bill should have been 188.76, but some how with "FEES" it is now over $400, I don't understand how.

Benigno Pineiro Nov 08, 2008

i BOUGH A pc in Dec-2007 that cost me $712. and the interes was 22% and now he rising the interes to 27 % that is unfare and a bad way to stolen money from the consumer. Shame on you Ge money bank

• Tc
    TC Nov 10, 2008

File a complaint on line with the Federal Trade Commission:

Just did mine, only takes a few minutes. Time to bombard them with all of our complaints about GE Money Bank!!!

DO IT!!!

Washington, DC 20552
    [protected]
    Fax [protected]

GE MONEY will ignore you COMPLETELY

THEY CANNOT IGNORE THE OTS!

• Sc
    ScooterMAN Nov 11, 2008

I had credit card accounts with Ikea ($300 limit), Lord and Taylor (Unknown limit at the time of opening the account) and with PayPal ($ 300 limit). I was on time in my monthly payments yet and even I don't owe a dime on these 3 accounts ) I started receiving letters from GE money stating that my limit has been lowered to mere $ 100 on Ikea account and Lord and Taylor account and $200 on PayPal account. This is absolutely unacceptable banking practice by GE money. I will not do any buisness with this low life bank.

• Fd
    F DeHaven Dec 11, 2008

BEWARE! I got a home loan for a plumbinfg repair. I paid for 1 year. When I added a hot water system, they told me the total payment would be $180/ mo. I paid this for 1 year. They set up 2 accounts. One where the y credited the payments and a second they billed as DELINQUENT and want $5000.

AVOID GE MONEY BANK

• Ro
    Robert Libby Jan 22, 2009

As a Senior Citizen, I get paid the last day of month, and GE MONEY BANK changed the due date on bill to the 2nd and they will not change it. It use to be the 6st, up until January 2009. Requested it be change back to the 6st. THey said that they can't due it, so now I will be late every time I send a payment in, and I will be charged a late fee of $39.00. Just anotherr way to make money, out of a senior citizen, who is on limited income.

No Nonsense Al Jan 23, 2009

Interesting that there are several stories about how GE Money Bank has changed the due date on their statements - but when customers request a change they cannot do it.

Sounds like their system allows for changes, they just won't. Nice.

• Bo
    bozicoven Jan 25, 2009

I was supposed to get a paper bill sent to my home but never got one but I have already got a late fee of $15.00. after reading all the other complaints, I'm afraid to send them money online cause who knows what will happen to it. I called them but to no avail. now, because of this late fee my other credit card has doubled the interest rate. what should I do?

[protected]@gmail.com

Matthew Willey Feb 07, 2009

I was offered no interest/no payments for one year. The statement sent approximately 30 days prior to the expiration said no payment was yet due. The next statement was one day after the year expired. GE Money Bank is now charging approximately 30% interest for the entire year...$2, 700!!!

madesole Feb 26, 2009

From day one this credit card company never sent my credit card on the mail.
    I owe them double the money I owed when purchasing tires due to a couple of late payments.

madesole Feb 26, 2009

I was NOT able to pay on line!

They sure make it difficult to make payments it is true they just want you payment late to charge you late fees!

• Tr
    Truth hurts Feb 26, 2009

When you got your loan or card, why is it a shock you have to pay for it? You know at the time of the purchase you must send a payment every month. Phone numbers are provided to even ask for the payment address at anytime! Quit blaming others for debt you incur yourself. No one forced you to buy!

bewitch Feb 28, 2009

well let see if it is no pay no interest for a year it wont say u have a pymt for a year im sure the terms say u have to py if off on my ge card on the bottom of my statement each month is stated exp date and accured fc that would be applied to it if i didnt py it by that date so i would say read ur statements and terms u cant balme a company for not reading what is clearly stated

bewitch Feb 28, 2009

well im not sure what acct u have but most ge acct doesnt so auto pymts so it was thorough another company or ur own bank talk to ur bank see where they were set up trhough i have lots of ge acct and none of them do auto pymts ur might but just a fyi and they should probaly send you a credit bal refund if the pymt are getting posted to the acct thleifn

• Ei
    Eileen Cain Mar 16, 2009

I was charged a late fee of $34 on my March statement for a late payment of my February bill. I paid this bill on 2-24-09 and only received the bill on 2-20-09. I am in FL on vacation and by the time the bill was forwarded from my home address, I only had two days to it back to you. I hardly think this is fair.

Eileen Cain

• Lj
    ljs spain Mar 16, 2009

I have been charged on my bank account for some type of fees, and I've never had ANY type of dealings with them. I've never visited their site or anything. But, you see, the only phone number I can get my hands on asks for my account number. I don't have an account #, so after 3 calls, I made one up to get thru to a person, but they said call back when you have the correct account number because of security reasons. Please help me to reach them on phone. Do you have any different numbers from [protected]? Help me if you can. Thanks.

Andrea Wood Mar 18, 2009

Ge Moneybank is now throwing my family into default for $18k even though we have made all of our payments. They changed our paymewnt due date without notification, and since I was paying it online on the date I THOUGHT it was due (15th of every month) they changed it to the 12th. they do not even allow one day late on payments. Which is ridiculous, as they are lucky with the economy we are paying at all. Does anyone have any advice on how to get through this????? If I had the remainder of the balance owed, Iwould not have taken the loan in the first place. Now I will lose what little I have to this

• Jd
    J.D. Mar 25, 2009

GE Money Bank Representatives are rude, ignorant, puppets who hate their jobs and can't muster enough common sense to even dialogue. I called to simply delineate and itemize the last 6months of payments, confirming their receipts and credits etc. They decided they would hang up - rather than what they considered was a waste of their time, which was to simply allow me to go line by line and realize the final pay-off amount a as being correct. I will never use them EVER AGAIN! It's too bad that they are so elementary regarding what it takes for client retention. You GUYS AT GE MONEY BANK are NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN!!!

HEADS UP- FIND out that Capital One offers a better competitive rate and probably a little more intelligent aand competent processing.

• Ka
    Katie Mar 26, 2009

They are also doing it to the sams club account. I paid on time for seven years and they have dropped my account down to 100.00. Why can't they be sued for ruining peoples credit. GE money increased my Jc Penney at the same time they dropped my Sams club account down to 100.00. Something Fishy going on. Where is a good Attorney.

• Bs
    bskeef Mar 27, 2009

It’s not about paying them or being shocked about having to pay them it’s when you click on their link to pay them and your redirected somewhere else on purpose!! I’ve had the same problem with these people and so have thousands of others if you take the time to look into something before you comment on it. I have written several letters on it to them and it seems most of everything they are doing that you can read on an search site you look up on them is actually true.. Their Screwing their customers, maybe not all but very very many of them, and other practices are happening also with other companies like Capital one for instance, how many of you out there are also experiencing them lowering your credit limit for no reason, or / and raising your % rate !! I’m not alone their either just go check it out.

btw,
    your asked if you would like the option to pay online and not receive a paper statement as this works way better for me as it does for lots of people and once you click yes... you have hardly any other option, and the charge for the phone fee, well it’s just not a fair fee, there’s actually not costing them a dime to do it so... it’s all in the name of making money, and getting the customer ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!

• El
    Elsie Apr 03, 2009

GE Money sucks! They didn't send me my first statement so I didn't know my due balance or due date. Then they called me to make me pay over the phone and charged my account $10. I gave out my bank account number as well as routing number correctly (the lady even repeated all the information again to confirm) and my account was charged $39 because "your check does not go thru or you gave the wrong information", said the representative guy. Once again they called me to make me pay for the amount due and ended up charged me another $10 as credit card transfer fee. Do not go to Gemoney. Such a cheating company!

• Mc
    mcp3a Apr 05, 2009

GE Money Bank continues to receive pymnt on a loan and claims they receive pymnt after the date when proven by bank statements etc. showing they did receive pymnt on time they still charge you late fees finance fees etc. with NO explanation I REGRET DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THIS LOAN COMPANY IS ALL ABOUT SCAMMING PEOPLE, RIPPING PEOPLE OR HOWEVER YOU WANT TO STATE IT NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE !

• Co
    college girl Apr 07, 2009

You should never rely on receiving a bill. Regardless of whether you get a bill, you must pay by a particular date or they can charge you late fees, higher interests etc. according to the terms of your agreement.

Do it online. There will be a record of it. And make sure to keep the lesson you learned in mind for the future.

They make money when you forget to pay, so why should they send you a reminder?