Ge Money Bank El Paso / Practices

1 P. O. Box 981469El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-375-0060

My parents have had a Dillard's cc since 1982 and have always paid on time in full. In August, my mother (88) made the check out, but failed to pay it - I found it in a drawer. Not only did GE Money Bank send them a nasty letter stating that they were turning them over to a collection agency, they have now frozen the account. This is deplorable treatment of the elderly and in my opinion - abuse!

Bp

Comments

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2010

I have never made a late payment and they just reduced my credit line--fortunately everything I owe is on deferred--I will make payments in the Lowes store to obtain a receipt, however I will not pay them off early now...those [censored]ing theives can go [censored] themselves...

• Jj
      16th of Aug, 2011

I have an account with GE Money and have been making my payments in advance ever since the account was opened. I keep getting calls saying my payments have not been made. I am also recieving late fee's on the account. I wrote the company in El Paso and they refunded my late charge and on the next statement it reflected I still owed for the payment plus the late fee. The call's I recieve are from someone that speaks pretty good English but does not understand a word that you say. I have written another letter to the company in El Paso and asked if they would please make the people they have hired for collections that my account is not only up to date but paid in advance. I don't think I have ever had a company charge late fee's if your payment is paid in advance. The last statement I recieved shows I have a payment due and a late payment for the current payment due. The payment showing due is my regular payment for the month of July (already paid) plus a late charge. The past due payment is for August, outstanding payment already on line to pay August 26th not due until the 27th. I asked the person who called why the charge for July was different than usual and he stated the payment was figured on the outstanding balance and would change quite often. I have not charged anything else on this account and did not even activate the Credit Card that was sent. If I had access to the funds to pay them off I would. It looks like that if they don't get things straight I may need to get an Attorney also.

• Da
      14th of Jan, 2012

i had an account with GE Money Bank and due to illness got behind in my payments. They started calling prior to 8am in violation of the Fair Debt Collections Act. I have filed suit in Dallas County District Court. I have been unable to find their registered agent and have been told that it does not have one. Does anyone know where to find these jokers in Texas? I cannot have a POB, I need a physical address. Please help, I want to stick them badly for what they have done. Thanks Dan aka esquire20032003@yahoo.com