GE Appliances / fraud and cheating!

Cooking in my crock pot last night smelled burning my crock pot was smoking from the bottom i unplugged it and under the crook pot it had started melting and the plug was also damaged. Very unsafe, these pots are supposed to be used when ur not home, they are supposed to be safe if i would of not been home i don't know what would of happened. So i call GE they ask if i have the receipt i reply no i don't remember when i bought it well he says it has a 2 yr warranty take it back to walmart... I said this is not safe and there should be a recall on this product he said he couldn't help me any further and they asked me the model # 5 times, what kind of customer service was that!!??

Beware!

Comments

• Jb
      17th of Nov, 2008

I had the same experience with my GE crock pot (purchased from Walmart approx. a year ago) This past weeked my crock pot had an electrical short where the electrical cord attaches to the pot. If I had not had the pot on a cutting board it would have ruined the kitchen counter top! Very Unsafe...
    Defeats one of the major reasons for using a crock pot... i.e. cooking while I'm away...I checked Walmart but they do not have a similar replacement model...mine had an 8 quart capacity. And why would I want another GE anyway? I mean this was a "G.E" product...don't they know how to secure an electrical connection... Come on GENERAL "ELECTRIC"!