GE Appliances / fraud and scam
GE Appliances used to have a good reputation - not any more. The GE refrigerator we bought had problems within one year. The service would come at no charge to 'fix' it and within a few months it would be broken again. This happened over several years. They put in new doors to try and fix the problem. That didn't work. They put in a 'kit' for the ice maker. That worked about one year. Now we have a refrigerator that has been nothing but trouble and no ice. They said they would give $400 towards a new GE. Considering that we have only had from the beginning a refrigerator worth about $400, it's not a good deal. And why on earth would we but another headache called GE Appliances? No thanks.
Since they sent them over seas to be built, they have gotten worse and worse. Even the salesmen at stores admit this. DO NOT buy a GE appliance unless you enjoy dealing with repairmen on a constant basis. They know that there is a problem with their appliances but apparently would rather pay lower wages than have them built right!
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - microwave
- General Electric - microwave model: pvm9179f1ss, serial #td200412k
- General Electric - ge refrigerator
- General Electric - ge profile refrigerator
- General Electric (GE) - ge washer