GC Services / Don't try and deal with these people

GC Services has called several times to resolve a past-due account. They called my children as well, divulging personal information and using threatening language such as "Do you want to see your father served with papers or his house taken away?"

That isn't the worst of it however. I decided to go ahead and pay the debt and gave them a call. I was transferred to the same gentleman (and I use that term loosely) that has been harassing me and my family. The call started first with a lie. "We don't accept payments by mail." I laughed and told him that was funny because I had gotten something in the mail from them instructing me where to send it (a PO Box). I told him there was no way I was going to give him any information over the phone. I used this terminology several times. He kept pressing.

Eventually I just said "Look, either you want the money or you don't." And his reply was "Either you want to resolve this or you don't. You were the one that stole the money." That was as far as I was willing to go.

"I have the current balance, I have this address, I will be sending a check. Goodbye." *click*

He didn't call back. The nerve of these people. It dawned on me why he wanted it over the phone. He gets a freaking commission from my debt if he collects it personally. I wouldn't give the twerp the satisfaction.

Don’t try and deal with these people rationally. It simply doesn’t work.

A  28th of Aug, 2007 by

Contrary to popular belief, the collector receives their commission as long as you pay your debt. It doesn't matter if you mail it in or how you pay it. As long as it gets paid, the collector will receive their commission. So I hate to inform you, but you probably helped him get a bonus check, just for doing the right thing... paying your bill.
N  23rd of Sep, 2007 by
Thanks for the compliment. I imagine your mother is very proud of you that you have such a filthy mouth. When I tuck your mommy in to bed tonight I will be sure to give her a kiss for you. and since you are so interested in things being in ###, I will be sure to slide my ### into your mom's ### right before I put it in her mouth. Cheers!

GC Services Logo GC Services