Gateway Laptop / IYogi

Don't ever try to Google Gateway support. I bought a used laptop on EBAY, and I was very pleased with it, until I tried to burn a DL DVD. After numerous tries with different software, downloading firmware updates, et al, the number I Googled for Gateway support got me connected with IYogi, which is just a scam for $169 to "check your software". I had no problem burning DL DVD's on my old system, but Gateway is obviously unavailable (at least here in the U.S.) for any kind of tech support. To make matters worse, they called my phone # back eight times within 10:51:37 pm and 11:13:50 pm and when we answered (the first couple times) there was no answer. F companies that can't have true tech support, and I really want to know if IYogi is a Gateway partner.

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2009
    Gateway Laptop - Poor warranty & customer service
    Gateway
    Texas

Gateway computers are not worth purchase when customer service
    and warranties are so very poor.

• Aw
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I too would like to form a complaint. Because the tech support person led me to believe for two hours while on the phone that my system would be fixed absolutely free. During this time he was supposedly attempting to help me with my system for 1.5 hrs, then he asked me if I had another computer inside my house. He then romotely went onto the desktop and viewed files, and supposedly found infected files or whathave you. Then told me that in order to fix my computer, then he would have to charge me $169. I was ferious, and asked to speak with a supervisor, he didn't resolve the issue, and held me on the phone an additional 30, although I suggested that it was not necessary to repeatedly repeat himself. He then stated that my complaint of them having practiced misleading/deceptive trade was not legitimate, because the tech did try to help me with my computer initially for two hours free of charge, but would now have to charge a fee. 11-22-10

• Iy
      11th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. iYogi takes feedback very seriously as we endeavor to improve our services with every interaction.

iYogi is not affiliated with Gateway in anyway though we provide support for most makes and models of computer manufacturers including Gateway.

We would like to investigate this incident further and would like the opportunity to resolve any technical issues that may be persisting on yuor computer. May we please request you to provide us your full name or subscription ID and date of the incident?

If you'd like to reach out to us directly then please write in to [protected]@iyogi.com.

Regards
    iYogi

8th of May, 2015
    Gateway Laptop - Where is my laptop
    Blinq.com
    Calipatria
    blinq.com

I ordered a laptop on May 1st, 2015 and I have been waiting for it all week. I went to the website to track my order and I see that there is a note posted to my account that my order was cancelled. I never cancelled my order and the money was taken out of my account. So where is my Laptop?!