Gamestop / poor customer service

1 Westmoreland Mall, Greensburg, PA, United States Review updated:

I am confused by the rudeness of employees a this location. Typically when customers are standing in a retail outlet with credit card in hand, ready to purchase, employees help them locate the product they are trying to buy and make a sale. Apparently this is not the GameStop business model. I tried to purchase a game for X-Box 360 at this location and was told it was not available. I asked if they could tell me where I might be able to buy this game. They were not willing to check another store location to see if the game could be purchased. Apparently employees at individual GameStop stores do not understand that their entire function is to enable consumers to purchase products. Pretty funny since I just heard an article one NPR this morning stating that video game sales are down 8% this year. I guess GameStop has plenty of sales - at least I hope they do since I went across the street and bought the game for $5 less at Best Buy. I will not be making future purchases at GameStop.

Dm

Comments

• Xm
      1st of Dec, 2009

When I called this specific Gamestop today to ask them a question about my ps3 (if they knew if there is a master reset buton for the ps3) the woman on the phone RUDELY responded with a hint of sarcasm "well if you hold down the power button for 2 mintues and nothing happens, then its broke." and hung on up me right after. I didn't ask her in a rude or unpolite way I honestly just wanted to know. I believe that this person shouldn't have responded so rudely and later on I found out on the internet the simple solution. Gamestop employees should be more product savvy, be more helpful and know their products.

• To
      19th of Dec, 2009

that will always happen there will always be employes that are ###s i have had exprience in costco and calling att for help

• Gh
      28th of May, 2010

Although i don't mind helping people they are not your tech support. Have you ever thought of reading the manual it came with? or calling Sony's hotline.

• Li
      28th of May, 2010

You can't ask people to RTFM, because they'd have to put an ounce of effort into solving their own problems and that's just not going to happen.

• La
      13th of Feb, 2012

I agree my experience with game-stop made me not want to go back .This happened at game-stop on Pickin ave. bklyn I went there to buy a play station 3 + games stood in line for 1 hour & 47 min., got tried of waiting so I went to Best-Buy. while I was there they talk on the phone and do inventory more than attending to the customers while I was there 7 people walked out cause of the service . And I asked does game-stop need more workers the guy says YES BUT THERE TO CHEAP TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT EVERYWERE YOU LOOK YOU SEE A GAMESTOP
    Q: Two workers in the store twenty customers in the check out line inventory arrives
    what do you do ? I say sign for inventory than handle customers but, they don't do that they leave the reg.
    and go do inventory and leave us waiting.

Well I won't never go to game-stop in my life and my friends GAMESTOP IS DONE!