Galahotels.com / fraudulent company

Limerick, Ireland Review updated:

I tried to book a hotel from this webpage. I paid with a debit card, they carged me and sent me an email with the confirmation.

Two days later, the sent me an email asking me to send them a photo of my credit card (I paid with debit) and also a photo of my passport. All by email. In my country, this is illegal to ask you for a photo of your bank card.

They refused to book the hotel, and they didn't return me the money. Also its impossible to talk to them by phone.

Scam company. Not recommended. Be careful.

Ro
Jun 13, 2015

Comments

• Cr
      17th of Aug, 2015

I'm starting the process of asking for the refunding for a money over an hotel in spain i did cancelled well in advance! That booking waa charged from the visa card. I received an email saying the refund will be payed, after the 21 days, nothing. Then, i phoned them; they say the refund will be there in 3 days. Now, they dont answer over the phone; sent a mail, did not have answer... If this is a fraud, can we all join together and do something??

• Ni
      1st of May, 2017

@Cristinnannunnes did you ever get your money back, we made the same mistake of booking with them without checking reviews and now won't get our money back although we cancelled the booking 2 days later because the hotel said they had been full for a while!

22nd of Sep, 2017

I booked a hotel with gala hotels and got a email with the price. 2 days later they emailed me again to confirm the booking. I rang the hotel and they had NO booking After ringing them a few times they finally booked the hotel. When I looked at my bank statement they had taken 100euro more then they quoted. NEVER again would I even think about using them. They keep emailing me with deals etc. I just delete them all.