Galahotels / reservation did not exist, no money back

1 athensbadhoevedorp, Netherlands Review updated:

reservation did not exist, no money back.

Booked a couple of times with Galahotels last years. Was allways ok. Now booked a hotel in Athens centre (Greece). We arrived around 10 pm: there was no reservation. After hours of phoning and talking: they found a reservation with another hotel with about the same name, but 12 km furtheron!! Though the adress etc. on our voucher was the correct adress! We had to pay again for the hotel where we now were and which we, in fact, also had booked. Next morning we got the confirmation from the hotel 12 km furtheron, that we in fact díd have a reservation there, under my name and paid with my creditcard. But nothing about refunding! No question about that!! Allthough we did NOT sleep there and the reservation was on another adress! Now, back in Holland, I am busy since two weeks, phoning and emailing hours and hours. NO reaction to emails, on the telephone I’ve just been sent from left to right and back again and again; spoke to at least 10 different people, but every time NOBODY can find anything about my case and I had to start to explain it everytime over and over again. Just to hear somebody say “I’m sorry sir, can’t help you” every single time.
I’m fed up wit it, guess I’ll never get any money back, and will never ever book with Galahotels no more!!!
(I've got the prepaid hotelvoucher with the correct adress, my creditcard-payment and also the reservation with my payment and name from the "wrong hotel", all "black on white"...)
Hans Wezenberg, Badhoevedorp.

Ha
May 21, 2015

Comments

• Ha
      31st of May, 2015

Update: 31-05-2015:
    On my above assessment I received a response from Gala Hotels within 24 hours. They offered apologies and pledged to refund the money . Furthermore, whether I wanted to change my review . My response was that if they kept their word ( my deposit money back ), I would change my assessment, and noted that that would never be quite positive because of the effort it took me to achieve this and because of the fact that they initially did not respond ..., only after a " bad review " . So here is my adaptation : fine that I in the end got my money refunded quickly, but the most urgent advice is to take real care for your customers!!! And do not make it virtually impossible to contact Gala hotels if there are problems !! The latter in particular for me still weighs very heavily and I find myself with the thought that I still will not book so easily anymore with Gala hotels!