Fx Supplements / Acai Berry Maxx / Acai Berry Supplement

1 349 N. Ocean Unit B-4Cayucos, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 805-995-2124

I ordered the free trial offer, which promised a 1 month supply of Acai Berry Maxx for $5.95 shipping. What I received was a 10 day supply of a product called "Natural Acai Berry" with 20 total capsules (10 day supply) -- hardly a one month supply!! And it was not the product promised!! In addition, 2 capsules only provided 100mg. or Acai berry, not what was indicated in the advertisement.

Fortunately, I copied the terms and agreements, so I did have a working number to call. It took a 45 minute wait to be connected with a person to cancel future automatic orders.

For people who do not read the entire terms and conditions (fortunately, I did) they do not understand that you are agreeing to automatic shipments for the life of the company. I think this kind of "opt out" automatic shipping is a scam!!

Additionally, my parter ordered the same trial. He has not yet received his trial offer, although he is 13 days from the order date. One more day, and he will receive automatic shipments, with no trial period to test the product. They debited his account just 3 days after the trial was ordered, but he still has not received the sample!! We tried to cancel the automatic shipping yesterday, but they could not find his account! We called back today, waiting for 40 minutes to speak with someone. Finally, we were able to cancel; there was no answer to why they had debited his account and a product had not yet been received 13 days later.

It needs to be clearly stated that you are signing on to automatically receive the product when you agree to the free (shipping cost only) trial. I feel it should be stated UPFRONT as well as in the terms and conditions. It goes to show that lots can be hidden in the "terms and conditions, " which many of us do not read carefully. Fortunately, I read them this time. Still, it seems dishonest to me.
Sincerely,
Jan Derifield
oneshotsr@msn.com
349 N. Ocean Unit B-4
Cayucos, CA 93430

Comments

• Cl
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Hi Jan!
    I wanted to thank you for the phone number you provided. (I called you just a little while ago). I was actually able to get a different number from the first shipping charge on my card. If anyone has ordered from FX Supplements - another phone number you can cancel at is 866-851-2281. (the number you had provided was 1-800-278-3620).

They were able to cancel, gave me a confirmation of the cancel, and since the charge is still pending, they will give me a credit and will email me confirmation that the credit has been applied. (Regardless, I warned my bank since it was my debit card, and they were ready to put a claim in once the charge became final).

Hope this helps!
    Claire

8th of Dec, 2008

I need a phone ...thay keep charging my card what can i do??????

• Xi
      31st of Mar, 2009

I ordered my free trial from www.acaiberrymaxx.com paying only $5.95 for S&H, the next day I get a call from "Robert " telleng me about special offers they had for first time buyers, never did he asked me if I wanted to buy any of their offers shortly after that I get a charge for $180.00 That I never agreed on. He got my credit card no. from their website and charge me for more product, I had to call my bank and cancel my credit card and open a fraudulent case against them. I called acaiberrymaxx to cancel those charges and they keep saying that I agreed to buy them when "Robert " called me, about a week later I get 3 bottles of acaiberry, 3 bottles of power flush 500 and 3 bottles of green tea along with my free trial acaiberry bottle, called them back now they are telling me I cannot return those bottles because it wasnt part of the free trial, so they dont want to give me my money back .

• Eu
      21st of Apr, 2009
    FX supplements / Acai Berry Maxx - Atrocious customer service
    FX Supplements

I also ordered the trial offer, which stated very clearly I had 10 days from receipt of product to cancel with no further charges. I didn't like the stuff and canceled 6 days after trying it out. I went online AND I called and left a message. I was then charged $79 and change and called again, but there was never any answer; the message told me to leave a voicemail and my call would be returned. I was NEVER called back. I sent multiple emails as well. I was sent another bottle and charged again, so this time I waited, no kidding, 40 minutes on hold until a rep finally came on. I explained, very calmly, that I had canceled my "membership" about 6 times and I kept getting charged. I told her I wanted to send the secondary bottle back and have the amount refunded. She assured me I wouldn't be charged any more and would refund all charges. A few days later, I was charged again! By this time I had submitted a complaint with the Better Business Bureau AND my bank. It took 3 months, but I finally got my money back. Thankfully, my bank rescinded any future authorizations that FX Supplements may attempt. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life and I will never, ever, buy anything like that again, certainly not from them!!!

• Lo
      5th of May, 2009

I also ordred a free trial. They kept sending bottles at $80.00 each time when I returned them and requested a refund to my credit card I was ignored. I tried in vain to call the 800 number and at first there was no answer then I was left on line for 20 minuted no one answered finally on the third try I spoke with a man that said they could not refund me because their computer had gone down in December and the records were gone. I am at a loss to how to get my account credited. Please if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.