Frontier Communications / deceptive practices
I recently upgraded my telephone service to include high speed internet.
The sales representative told me it was available in my location, explained the costs involved for installation and monthly service and the requirement for a 12-month commitment, which carried a $200 fee for cancellation). I agreed to all of this.
Almost as an afterthought, the sales representative asked if I wanted to add unlimited long distance service for a marginal additional cost, then explained the cost and features. I agreed to the addition. Note that the sales representative did not state that the long distance service was included in the 12-month commitment or identify any "package" or "plan."
In the past 60 days, my frontier communications bills have totaled $365+, a long way from my previous $26/month local service bull. I was willing to spend the extra $55/month for high speed (dsl) internet, but the additional long distance charges put it over the top at $111/month.
The friendly folks at Frontier now tell me that ANY change in service will incur the $200 cancellation fee and maintain that I was told this when the upgrade was ordered. My service is not part of a definable "package" and no "price guarantee" is associated with my service - a common feature of package plans available with Frontier Communications. End of story.
If you order via telephone, be aware that you do not get to read the fine print and what the sales representative writes down is gospel according to the company. A clear and definable contract is never part of the process and you have no recourse.
More Frontier Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Frontier Communications - fraud and cheating 
- Frontier Internet - how can I return the modem??? 
- Frontier Communications - ripping off customers! 
- Frontier Communications - fraudalant billing practices 
- Frontier Communications / Cable TV / Internet / Telephone - terrible transfer from verizon 
- Frontier Communications Corporation - The service (junction) boxes in our neighborhood.
- Frontier Communications Corporation - one seems to know what they are doing about us getting hooked up
- Frontier Communications - installation
- Frontier Communications Corporation - phone service
- Frontier Communications Corporation - unauthorized charges