Frontier Communications / deceptive practices

I recently upgraded my telephone service to include high speed internet.

The sales representative told me it was available in my location, explained the costs involved for installation and monthly service and the requirement for a 12-month commitment, which carried a $200 fee for cancellation). I agreed to all of this.

Almost as an afterthought, the sales representative asked if I wanted to add unlimited long distance service for a marginal additional cost, then explained the cost and features. I agreed to the addition. Note that the sales representative did not state that the long distance service was included in the 12-month commitment or identify any "package" or "plan."

In the past 60 days, my frontier communications bills have totaled $365+, a long way from my previous $26/month local service bull. I was willing to spend the extra $55/month for high speed (dsl) internet, but the additional long distance charges put it over the top at $111/month.

The friendly folks at Frontier now tell me that ANY change in service will incur the $200 cancellation fee and maintain that I was told this when the upgrade was ordered. My service is not part of a definable "package" and no "price guarantee" is associated with my service - a common feature of package plans available with Frontier Communications. End of story.

If you order via telephone, be aware that you do not get to read the fine print and what the sales representative writes down is gospel according to the company. A clear and definable contract is never part of the process and you have no recourse.

Comments

• De
      9th of May, 2009

I'm going throught this right now! Frontier Lied to me! even though I ordered online and have printed receipts, I had to prove to Dish TV by Faxing my receipt to them! They stated they are having problems with Frontier overstepping the deals and offering more than agreed with with Dish TV, I got settled with Dish But even though I have the printed receipt Frontier keeps telling me there is no free mini computer in my deal, I faxed them the receipt! now I cant get any replies Only a 300 dollar bill that the deal I signed states $79.99 a month for one year with a two year contract.
    THIS Is A typical BAIT & SWITCH!!
    If your thinking getting a deal from Frontier all ya get are false promisses and lies!! Order online and printout ALL order forms! I'll bet like myself you'll have problems getting frontier to honor their end of the deal!! LIARS

• Fr
      10th of Jul, 2009

"I'm going throught this right now! Frontier Lied to me! even though I ordered online and have printed receipts" I am wondering what receipt you are talking about? I work for Frontier Communications and the company has no such system where you have the option to order online. When you input your information through the website and submit it that information is kicked back to a sales rep which in turn you will get a phone call for the rep to set up your service. Maybe you were dealing with a phony scam website? you should not of gotten a reciept of any kind, just a comfirmation that your request for service was submitted so it was sent to a rep. I sugges that before you call anyone in the company or liar you get your information straight, also you can consult your local Frontier Business office to determine this fake reciept that your recieved.
    Switch to Verizon. the company doesnt want ### like you as a customer anyways.
    Have a great weekend!

• To
      12th of Jul, 2016

I was billed on my July Frontier bill for calls made in April and May to Cadiz, Oh from a company called USBI. I have unlimited long distance on my phone plan. I am not sure what kind of scam this company is pulling but I am not falling for it. Frontier removed the charges from my bill but I feel this is something that needs looked into.