Froedtert Hospital / Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin / billing

1 West Bend, WI, United States

I received an eye exam on 2/5/18 in WB. Billing submitted this to my health insurance which of course they denied. I called in May to tell them what they did, they admitted the mistake and said it would be corrected. Instead I then received a bill from a collection agency for $315. I called both parties to explain the situation, Froedtert refused to listen that it was out of their hands and needed to be dealt with the collection agency. I called again and again refusing to pay as all they has to do was submit the bill to my proper insurance. This went on for months until finally after getting EyeMed involved, my bill was properly submitted to my eye insurance and in August was paid. I wish someone would investigate how many times I had to call and insist what they needed to do even after Supervisors admitted the mistake but no one there gave a [censored] to correct the situation. I heard many times they made a mistake but one followed up and fixed it. I had to call, call again and again until it was taken care of. I was so frustrated and fed up with the horrible customer service. Then on October 9th I received a call from billing that I had an overdue bill of 258.86. I said I never received a bill for it. Billing then admitted the mistake that the bill wasn't even mailed yet. Are you kidding me? I am rethinking where I go for service because this is the most incompetent billing department I have ever dealt with.

Ca