Frigidaire / Electroluxfrigidaire gallery refrigerator

I sent an email to Mr. Samuelson at Electrolux about my Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator, Serial #4A41324901 Model LGHB2867PF. The text is below. I sent the first email on 4/4/17. I received no response. I sent a follow up email on 4/17/17 with no response. The text from that email is also enclosed. The lack of acknowledgement is very disappointing. I have attached photos of my leaking and corroded fridge. This unit needs to be replaced.

4/4/17
Mr. Samuelson,
Over the past 6 years I have purchased a complete set of Frigidaire Gallery appliances for 2 different homes. The second set purchased in April, 2014 was for my current home. We love the look and the design of the appliances and have been most satisfied. When cleaning behind my fridge a few weeks ago I discovered a large rust spot, (about 5 inches wide, photos attached), water leaking down the back with accompanying rust and frost around the hole that had corroded from the inside out through the back of the fridge. I called this in for service as I have an extended warranty from Frigidaire. The service rep came to my house, inspected the hole and rust. He proceeded to call in to Frigidaire to report his findings and determine what was to be done.

He was told there was a ”fix” for this problem. He was to install a back panel to cover up the damage. That’s it, no repair to the cause of the corrosion, no arresting the corrosion, we’re simply to cover it up.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Summerfield, NCThe corrosion will continue to eat away at the back of my fridge from behind the panel until either the back lets loose and it floods my kitchen or the warranty runs out. This is simply unacceptable. If the ice maker is broken it gets replaced. If a hinge goes bad it gets replaced. If a motor fails it gets replaced. That is reasonable as the damaged part is replaced and the fridge is repaired. There is no corrective action for the leaking and corrosion in my fridge. The leak is still there and the corrosion will only get worse. You can see it in the attached photos. It looks like another corrosion spot is forming above the one I already have. We can’t just cover this up and pretend that it isn’t there!
I spent a considerable amount of money on these appliances. I had faith in the product as I purchased them for one home and then again when we moved to a new home. Tell me that loyalty is worth something to Frigidaire. The only acceptable action is for Frigidaire to replace my refrigerator with a new unit. I look forward to your reply.
Sincerely,
Steven Pawluk
5696 Green Dale Court
Summerfield, NC 27358
T [protected]
4/17/17
Mr. Samuelson,
I haven’t heard anything about the replacement of my Frigidaire refrigerator. I was hoping to get a response by now. Please advise when this will be taken care of.
Sincerely,