Frigidaire / scam and lies
I'm filing on behalf of my mother, and the washer and dryer she bought from Frigidaire just a couple of years ago.
She bought a matching washer and dryer set, new, from a local appliance dealer. The set was aesthetically pleasing, came with a one year warranty and was sure to be the answer to all of our washer and dryer needs. We'd soon find out otherwise.
She purchased them in the month of December, and within weeks, the washer had begun to make strange noises. Over a short period of time, the noise became louder, and upon inspecting it, my mother soon had figured out that a factory defect in the motor has caused the main spindle to snap, thus knocking a hole in the tub. The kitchen was flooded!
So, here we are, a few short months after the purchase, with a non-functioning washer. But that was ok-- afterall, we had a one year warranty, right? Wrong.
The local dealer wanted nothing to do with the problem, he refused to contact the company but insisted that my mother do so. Upon contacting the company, (and for the sake of report length, I'll omit the length of time it took to actually get a response from them), they told my mom that it was her problem, and that if she wanted to purchase a new one from them, they would give her a small, and almost worthless, discount.
Our repairman even tried to discuss the issue with them, though ultimately, his word didn't matter to them, either. He explained the problem to my mother, and confirmed that it was a factory defect that caused the entire situation.
In the end, the company didn't care, they provided no warranty as promised and my mother had to buy a new washer. Needless to say, she didn't buy anything from them!
As for the dryer, aside from a strange discoloring that no one can explain, it has behaved almost properly-- at least we haven't had to replace it yet. I guess it could be the ghost of scorned Fridigaire customers passed.
More Frigidaire Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - electrolux cashback promotion
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - cooktop model: fpic3677rf
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - my 82 year old mother's brand new stove is still not repaired and not working
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - model # fghs2655pf side-by-side refrigerator
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - faulty products and poor customer service