Frigidaire / front load washer poorly engineered.
This is the worst company and product I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
It started with installation 7 years ago. Mounting the dryer on top was a challenge because the mounting brackets and slots in the dryer were about 2" off. It is still like this on the new units 7 years later! Does anyone work in the engineering department?
I bought this washer in 2001. Since then it has needed 3 pumps ($50-$80 each). Simply putting a filter to catch coins and debris would go along way to improve the performance.
Now (2008) a catastrophic failure. The bracket attaching the shaft and inner SS basket has corroded to the point of failure. Putting two different types of metal together will do that. I called Frigidaire to get a replacement for the inner basket (25 Year warranty). I was informed that if the spider is broken then it is not covered by warranty. They told me that the spider is not sold separately it is sold with the $300.00 inner basket (which has a 25 year warranty) attached to it. Who's on first? They also tell me that I need to pay a service call $100.00 to replace it because I am not CSA certified. I asked them to show me that in writing and Jim pointed me to the warranty page. I said it only says labour is not covered which is fine I will do the work myself. I asked them to show me that policy in writing. He could not but said it is their policy. Show me is all I asked. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. Jim at the call centre said he is the supervisor and will not ask a supervisor to call me. I finally got Jim to agree to ask a supervisor to call me.
I was obviously irate and they did not have the skills to listen to my complaints or diffuse my anger. They are only interested in one thing. Getting me off the phone as quickly as possible. I will make a short documentary about why this product should not ever be made or purchased. Posting it to Youtube may cause them to lose at least one sale. That would hit them where it counts, the bottom line.
Before you complain about off-shore products this was made in Augusta, GA. USA!
The call centre was in Canada .
I expect more from a $700 Washer.
NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE!
More Frigidaire Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire 4000 - dishwasher vents out the sides 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - the entire gallery series
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - sxs refrigerator model # fghs2631pf4a lot # 00300863
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - gallery fgwc4633ss - undercounter wine fridge
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - ffhb2740ps6a
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - fridge/frigidaire