Freightquote.com / No customer service

1 KS, United States Review updated:

Don't be fooled by this company's user-friendly website (which auto-populates fields with information that is then held against you) and ostensibly-low rates. We have been in business for 10 years and have used numerous trucking agents. Trucking is a difficult industry, but these agents generally work on their customer's behalf to make it less painful. I have never had a worse experience with a trucking agent than the one I recently had with Freightquote.com. Not only did I receive a $1400 surcharge on a $700-quote load, they did almost nothing to advocate on our behalf with the trucker. I've had agents negotiate some type of reasonable settlement where each party would pay a portion of the surcharge. I disputed the charge, but the only calls and emails I got were basically to tell me that I had to pay the entire surcharge because I had incorrectly entered the data. This is an agent who has forgotten who hired them.

Comments

• Ct
      1st of Aug, 2013

I have experienced a similar result. I was quoted $330 to deliver an arcade machine, was never explained about the possibility of fuel surcharges, lift-gate surcharge, or residential delivery surcharge. By the end they are trying to charge me $580. What a bait and switch tactics they seem to use.