Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds

Posted:

Just another lottery scam!

4.35
I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.
Complaint comments Comments (357) Complaint country United States Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

N  26th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
españa caie avenida de sud america nr26 cudad almeria provincia roqetas del mar codigo postal 04740
D  28th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I really don't know if this is a scam!!! Because as i see they are getting my credit card???? Can you tell me more about it plssszzzz??? thank you as soon as possible!
A  4th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hello Norway here, I was the "lucky winner" of $ 1 million, and a winner of $300. I`ve searched the internet and I`m happy I did not give out my credit number.... I sent them an e-mail however, and are "looking forward to their replay" LAUGH

It goes like this:
"
If I`ve already won, just post the check!!! You have my address!!
Now I`ve checked several websites, claiming your company is a fraud!!!

You don`t need my credit card number if I`ve already won!!!!

I`m not going to pay $14.99 every month for a check that will never arrive!!!

People that are doing so, received winnings of $1 - not $1 million dollars..... You have my home address - so just post the check!!!

You`re claiming to be a FREE LOTTO, $14.99 each month IS NOT FREE!!!!! "

PS my check number is the same as the above, nr M98211, but signed by another.
And I also played for free the first time, then I "won" and have to pay. ###.
A  6th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I always receive messages that i won 1 million dollar... gosh its a fake!!!
A  10th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I actually feel quite foolish to admit to this, but me too was conned, now it seems. The worst is, I was planning on getting out of an abusive marriage, and also to buy the black lady who works for me a brand new home, because they are really battling financially and all her children just keeps on getting babies and she has to support everyone. That was my dream. Supposedly I won $2, 972 547. I received an e-mail from Access America. They sent me a list with a whole lot of amounts stating that the payout was guaranteed. It is a division of Freelotto and I thought it was legit because Freelotto is a legit Lottery Company. I am still hoping to get something out, but after reading all these letters, I am convinced that I won't see a sent.
A  11th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Information and instructions for the payment of my prize favor to answer my email or to call to this I
number 504-33245588 to att. elmer Varela the progress, depths.
A  12th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
my name is jessica wright im 24years old and have been caring for my sick grandmother and my mother for the passed 8years mygrandmother passed away last week now my mother and i havent got enough money to buy a house i signed up for free lotto about 2month ago and they are sending me emails saying i had won $1million dollors i got my hopes built up so high thinking id be able to buy a house for my mum and i but when i sent my details it keeps saying sorry this servies is not avialable try again tomorrow but then they keep sending me more emails saying iv won $1mollion they are still sending me emails to day it is really upseting be cause my mother and i will have no home in about 5months and to think i thought i had won a millon dollors i guess it was nieve of me when i see the emails i like to think that it is real i sit and look at the checks for hours cause they look so real wishing it wasnt a scam that money would have really helped my mother and i with being able to have a roof over our heads i cant belive it was a scam now im back to thinking about how frigthing the furture looks for my mother and i cause for a split second when i got sent that email saying i had won all my fears went away and i could finely think about my dreams and what i was going to do in the furture but that was all shated when i relised it was a scam after sending my details for the last 2month
A  13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Just a few words:

Are the U.S. authorities and web owners doing something to stop this?

One thing is to live in a free world and other to be among predators
N  14th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
guyz i don't know whether it is true or not but it hink it is not true.
these guyz should be dealt with.
al so the check number they sent me is. m98211
A  16th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am allways recieving emails which state that I have won but the TSN number which I have is not the valid one. Initial I was using myataza@webmail.co.za so free lotto I am not sure whether they send me a TSN and I delete the TSN by mistake.
A  16th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I keep reading all these complaints and tear jerker story's, but hardly any one has pursued the issue here. Listen up folks; these Puss Sucking ### are supposedly registered in New Your, but could be operating any where. Now then, does everyone understand that New York State Residents can not participate in this racket. Thats right, the state will not recognize them as a safe bet.

Like all other states in the U.S., we have an Attorney General who is paid to look after the state's and all citizens right's, no matter where you come from. This is because these companies must adhere to the provisions laid down by law.

There is also a Federal Prosecutor in every state who is there to protect the government and its citizens from parasites like these shitbags.

The thing you must do is to collect and document all the e-mail traffic and other assorted related crap and corralate it into cronological order. If you are really serious about taking these shitbags down, then you should form a group so to speak, so that a class action suit may be brought to bare.

From here you either approach the Attorney general or a Federal Prosecutor with your evidence and accusations. A private lawyer is best suited to be your representitive during this action. However if a case looks inviting and packs merrit, then some lawyers will take on the case Pro-Bono.

In New York State we have a sack of humanity called Hillary Clinton, who is gearing up for a run at the presidency (God Forbid). Since she normally doesn't do very much on any given day except blow her own horn, you might want to get her high profile (what great media coverage, Hillary cleans up back yard)involved in order to add clout and to prevent any lip service on the local level. Every bit of wieght will help your cause; as a matter of fact it would be a good idea for all to launch a congressional investigation through your federal and state representitives (all of them). They inturn will all turn to the New York State Attorney General who will inturn crap on the New York Cty Attorney. Just what do you think will happen when he recieves 100 plus congressional inquiries.

This is probably the only way that you may or will reap justice and maybe some monetary reward. You have nothing to loose my friends. These wanna be humans are ten steps below Whale ### and need to be choked... The rest is up to you.

Good Luck and God Speed, Ed
A  17th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I recieved so many e-mail messages from freelotto which says you are the winner of 1,000,000 m$ and 3,00 dollar but what i come to conclusion is that they are online cheaters and ###s too.
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
i had played lotto in jan 16 2007 and in sept i received 395 meeage that i have won $ one million but i m not sure that i can receive money or not they may also transffer money through internet on my account no but they are not doing so or not sending reply on my question they had also send the account no and cheques on message on net so kindly explain what i have to do
A  18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
dear sir,i have recieved many e mails by the name of freelotto,in which the subject is of the winning prize of amount 10,0000$.now i want to ask you,is it true or scam.i believe,but i have no payment to pay for prize.i have no credit card also.i have sent an email also to the freelotto,that i am a poor gay,not in the position to pay any penny.they did not give me any answer about my question.is it all true,then i request to you all.plz pay also my pending prize fee.it will be a great affection for me.my life and the life of my family will be delighted.
user id #45266104
pin #113165260
A  18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
plz informe about my winning prize soon.i can't pay the charges of the winning prize.plz adjust me in free section.which is the reality of freelotto.ok byeee
A  20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Freelotto ###... liar!
A  20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
my name is jennifer holobovich and for the last year i have been recieving endless emails stating i have won $300.00 $1,000.00 and 1 million dollars and was asked to complete a payment directive form and never once have recieved any check in the mail. i also still recieve these fraudulant emails after i have completed the payment directive form. i have spent money and have never recieved any prizes in which these emails claim i have won. i believe this is not right to cheat people out of there money as well as make one believe they are entitled to these supposed winnings which is a lie.the right thing is to grant these winnings or come to some kind of settlement which can repay these losses and make right out of what we have been cheated. this seems to be an ongoing problem and obviousl there is nothing being done about it. when will justice be served and these criminals brought to the correct punishment they deserve. why all this suffering for innocent people who try to enjoy the internet and not worry about being robbed in the process. im 23 years old i am struggling with my life financially these games are not fair nor being taken seriously by anyone.im tired of being victimized and ignored. i live in oceanside california im 23 years old and i want a response to this asap. when will it end?
jennifer holobovich

the pin # for my winnings #87629867
N  21st of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
i am a winner from freelotto but my Unclaimed Funds what i am doing
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
plese give me prize .
my address shfeq caloni saryab road street no8 house no6.
quetta balochistan.
cuntry pakistan .
phon no 0092-081-2019624
N  23rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Name: Faisal Iqbal
TSN: 2437591982
Numbers Played 18 19 20 25 30 35
Drawing Date: Monday September 10th, 2007
Draw time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time (New York)
Jackpot Prize! $100,000.00 (Hundred Thousand US Dollars)
Email: faisalkhan_gullro@hotmail.com
they could not tranfer my pize in my bank account.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree