Freedom Financial Group / Scam and rip off!

1 520 Westney RdAjax, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 800-884-7394

WE excepted the loan the they offered and the sent the contract to us via email and we faxed it back. Sent them the $975.00 that they wanted up front for the ' Disability Insurance' and our money was to be direct deposited 12-24 hrs. No way, I called our rep. Kathy Morant, to ask why it was not deposited they said because of the money exchange we needed to send them $800.00 more and then they would deposit the money. We said no way and for them to send the deposit back.

They agreed, said that they would email us a form to sign for the refund, They never sent it, called customer service and no one would return the call. We never received the refund and now we can't even get them to answer the phone.

We literally were ripped off. To bad that we didn't research them before we sent our money. They are in canada we are in Nevada, can't just drive there and confront them. I can't even find the Better Business Bureau that I could file a complaint with.

Va

Comments

Ro
  15th of Mar, 2008

I am in the process of applying for a loan from this company. A friend of mine suggested that I check out complaints against Freedom Financial Group. One compliant is one toooo many. It is the exact scenario that I was told I would have to do and that is send $978.00. I couldn't afford to send any extra money to these people. However, I most definitely would sue them if they messed over my funds. Therefore, I think this is not the way to go. I think I will go with someone like Citi-Bank. They will do the same thing, and they are in just about every state. Thanks for your comment.

Ro
  15th of Mar, 2008

I had the opportunity to talk with a CSR on Saturday about the incident mentioned on the couple from Nevada that didn't get their money. She did a very through job explaining the circumstance to me. However, I will talk with the lender before moving further with this company. I have no problem driving to Canada. I will also have an attorney check out this company. Be careful in dealing with people in business. It is so unfortunate that people take advantage of everyday hard working people for their own gain.

Ad
  8th of Nov, 2010

If you search Better Business Bureau complaints, the first site that comes up should be the website that alows you to report business fraud.

Sm
  24th of Feb, 2011

I have told these people I am not interested in their services and they won't leave me alone!! I have just received the 11th call in as many days. They call from different phone numbers, so I can't even block their calls. They are nightmares!!!