Complaints & Reviews

bad and disgusting service

Good Day
I don’t even know where to begin because I have had it with Alexander Forbes. Every single time I have to claim my money I always have hassles. I have two pending claims with them and i have called them more than 40 times in the past month. Every time I call I get a different story from every consultant.
Firstly for the first 03 weeks i was told that my validation failed but was never told why the validation failed. Im not sure how i am expected to know what the Jargon that is used in the Alexander Forbes office means. I eventually figured out myself that the issue was that the surname on my id wasn’t the same as the on my banks statement (the last letter was different). I then went to the bank and had this rectified. On the 05th June 2017 I sent through the correct documents and called bank to confirm if the documents were received and receipt was confirmed.
Three weeks later Im being told that the payment has been rejected because the my surname is incorrect. After I had rectified and everyone confirmed that all is in order. Im not asking for a loan at Alexander Forbes, I am just asking for money that I really need because I don’t have a job at the moment and I have a family take care of. What angers me the most is the fact that there is no communication from the Alexander Forbes to me. I always have to pick up the phone and find out what is happening.
So can I please get my money because I need it and your unprofessionalism and procrastination is affecting my life in a very negative way.

stay far away from alexander forbes

I haven't received payment from the above trust, only to hear today that they did not receive a certifcate from me. This certificate was posted to them. They even use you my old cell number to contact me. I have changed this number and my e-mail address in January. The call centre will fax me a form that needs to be completed. I am still waiting for this form. What do I do now.

Margaret solomons Mar 24, 2012

My Mother was enterted into an insurance policy that would not allow her to get her money back incase she needed it, The broker did not disclose all the terms of the contract to her. He did not disclose to her that she will only withdraw R2000 per month which will never sustain her in south africa. She would like to cancell her policy and now they tell her she cannot because the law does not allow that, Broker deceptive practices

• Bu
    buli Jan 29, 2016

AFI you disgusting. We pay insurance every month so that, should incident occurs..you know you well taken of. Got robbed and rported the case...The main issue is my wedding ring..when they were busy with my claim, i have told them that my aunt is buying me the ring in London so it would be appreciated if they can do a payout so to contribute towards the ring my aunt is buying instead of replacing, which i understand in their policy. I humbly requested them to pay out but no they insist on sending the voucher to the store...because all i want is to be given a choice of buying what i want with the value of the item insured. Beauty Mangena and Dolly Duplooy have not been useful and helpful towards my claim. I need assistance rwgarging this..I have informed ombudsman and my lawyers...but I want people to stay away from AFI and will make sure I spread the word.

• Sb
    sbusiso Feb 16, 2016

I worked for unitrans for 5yr an I did not claim my blue card money, the compony called ict call me telling me that I did not claim my money so I must bring all the documents an I did so I waited for 9months after that they gave me R4000 its was so amaizing becouse I worked for this compony for so many yrs an I was earning more than R8000 how come you guy pay me such little money after I worked so hard for so many year for unitrans or may be not claiming the money for so long mean it becomes your money? Remember this compony fired me so they need to pay my all my money, can I hv a response pls my name sbusiso 0730387200

Anthony Minnaar Jun 22, 2016

I'm currently left in limbo by the AFI consultants with poor service, no reply and attitude. Anthony Minnaar 1073542

• Kw
    kwabola Apr 13, 2018

We are forced to use Alexandra forbes for our pension fund when you enquire the tell you their system is offline I wont recommend people for this amatuers

• Nd
    ndalo May 18, 2018

I haven't received my daughter's future maintenance from his dad's pension fund money for over 7 months.poor service delivery from consultants

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices