Freedom Debt Relief / Ripoff artists

1 Kingston, NH, United States Review updated:

This company told us we would be debt free in 1.5 years. We kept paying and paying and all of our money appeared to be going to fees, instead of a certain percentage.

My largest debt was in the neighborhood of 32k and I ended up having to take that debt out of the program because I settled with the creditor independently.

Toward the end we checked our escrow balance and it reported in the negative, even though, by our estimation it should have been several thousand dollars.

We called them on it and had to push and push for weeks to point out their clerical mistake and finally discovered they did indeed have several thousand of our money in escrow.

At that time we told them we wanted to cancel out of the program... Just cut our losses, and asked for our escrow money back and they forced us to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they could sue us if we ever spoke negatively about them.

Since then vie consulted a lawyer who indicated that the NDA was not a legal agreement and wouldn't hold up in court.

Comments

• Fe
      10th of Mar, 2011

This company is just like all other s that promise to really help you. The compassionate "hook" to get you in is unreal. What lies!!!

All of our accounts have gone so far up because of late fees and additional interest. We are being sued by five now and they say they can't help us with any of those anymore. So what is their point except for the fact that they are getting rich from all the monies they collected from us and we got nothing.

I want to start a class action suit against them but need help finding out
    how to go about it. My thoughts to everyone scammed by them

Fed up in San Mateo

• Sw
      29th of May, 2011

The Fishman Company . They are nothing but a money grab that prays on people in debt. Bankruptcy is not a bad thing, it is the only way to help you out and give you your life back.I lost over 5, 000.00 to the fishman company. I will never see that money again. Another important point of interest. Any money that you settle for with this company, the forgiveness amount, you will get a 1099 form from the IRS