Free Credit Report / CHARGE MY BANK ACOUNT $19.95

I WANTED TO SHARE WHAT I WROTE TO THE COMPANY TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

i signed up for the free 7 day trailcredit report.which i never received. then i canceled it that same day. i was charged $19.95 plus $1.00. i want this returned to my account or i will take action. i will report fraud. plus, i will turn it over to the proper authorities for theft. i did not sign up for your program. i live on disabilty and i do not have the income to pay for this. so i will take whatever action it will take to get my money back. i am sure you are a large company taking advantage of people like myself. but that $19.95 means alot to me. it could mean as much as keeping my telephone on. i am very angry about this and will not stop until it is return. trust me i love writing emails to whom ever it will take to fix this. if need be this could go as far as going to court over the fraud which i believe is against the law. that would be a mental anguish for me. i believe it would be cheaper to give me my money back.
janet garner

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2011

Almost the exact same thing happened to me just recently. Signed up at FreeCreditReport.com to view my credit score and report, they did make it clear that it was 1.00, one-time charge. Don't let the "Free" part fool you. There is nothing free about it. Of course I was so naive to think that a company could ever make things CLEAR to you the specifics of this "Free Trial". It's absolutely ridiculous. Of course, making it so deceiving, makes it easy for them to make money. This is the LAST time that I get ripped off by a company like this, I'am extremely IRATE. Hidden charges are by far my biggest pet peeve. I was also charged 19.95 about 2 weeks or so after paying the original 1.00 $ to "view my report". In no way, shape, OR form was this EVER made CLEAR to me that I was going to be charged this amount, at any time. I think this is very, very, shady of company's to do, and it is not okay. I disputed it with my credit card company, but I'am yet to call freecreditreport.com because their offices seem to be closed at the moment, but I can just predict what they are going to say "you accepted to the terms and agreements...19.95 charge...blah blah blah" TOTAL [censor]. I'am not getting off the phone with them until they refund my money.