FPL / residents are being ripped off!
Florida Power & Light is asking state utility regulators for a 7 percent increase in rates starting in January and I heard on the radio yesterday that it was approved.
The Florida Public Service Commission already approved an increase of 16 percent last year and FPL said the estimated increase could rise depending on fluctuations in fuel prices and the potential impact of this season's hurricanes.
FPL had profits of $217 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with $211 million, or 53 cents per share, a year ago.
I live in a mobile home with land and have a $1260 mortgage PITI. I am a single mom and college graduate making $600 a week gross and I will probably foreclose on my home within the next year and to have a corporation profit from what is a NEED, especially in Florida, is disgraceful.
More FPL Complaints & Reviews
- Fpl (Florida Power & Light) - deposit demand 
- Florida Power And Light Residential Electricity - deposit requirement 
- FPL - security deposit 
- FPL - does not accept visa 
- FPL - disconnection 
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - outdoor lighting repair/ 400 watt directional light fixture
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - power
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - power pole change out
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - electric deposit required or must sign up for auto pay
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - truck driver