FPL / payment rejection

1 Braddock AveDaytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I have had numerous problems with FPL in recent months, the worst happened today, I recieved a final notice pending shut off, my bill was due 6/23, I attempted to pay this bill everyday for 5 days starting 6/19 through western union speedypay, ( FPL's Credit/Debit payment processing). I Continuously received the error " This card is not allowed". I have used this card several times in the past, at one time charged $16.00 fee, which is supposed to be $3.25 or $3.95 over and above the amount of payment. After recieving the final notice I attempted once again, only to receive the same error.
I thought maybe my balance was low on the card, not the issue, I had more than enough funds to cover my payment, the card I was using was a pre-paid debit card that had been used before numerous times. I tried another card that Is owned by WESTERN UNION, ( they are the ones I pay to load the card with funds), again DENIED. I called FPL to complain, all they could say was "We apologize sir, Western Union no longer accepts Visa"
WHAT?? No one could tell me this the first time I attempted to make a payment?, I had to spend over $20.00 in ATM and Pre-paid load fee's to transfer money and spend 4 hours at a local bank to open a checking account to pay this bill. I have had several problems with FPL, I am unemployed and have informed them that I am the only person with an income. That means nothing to them, THEY DEMAND YOUR MONEY, BUT ONLY UNDER TERMS THEY SET! I have never had ANY utilility reject any form of payment!! At one time several months ago, I requested an extension with a partial payment, informing them that I would pay the remaining balance within 3 days, I was told the extension with a partial payment of $46.56 was granted with no threat of disconnect as long as the remaining balance of $53.65 was made within 3 days, my power was shut off the next day, I have a $266.00 deposit with them, and now have been billed an additional $56.00, due in one week. My bill never goes above $150.00 a month

FPL has monopolized many area's of Florida, they need to be stopped!

Anyone interested in starting a petition to the Governers office of Florida, please e-mail me at sashman84@yahoo.com

Comments

• Fp
      6th of Sep, 2012

FPL should not be making it difficult for people to pay their FPL bills. I am unemployed and have funds sent to the Visa debit card from unemployment - I can pay almost everything with that except for FPL...and I still haven't figured out how to pay them. Please accept visa unemployment debit cards.