Fox News

Posted:

too many comercials

4.85
Vero Beach, Florida
Although my friends and I enjoy Fox and friends there are too many commercials so we are thinking of changing to another station. It is just unbearable--three minutes of news and five minutes of commercials ever few minutes. What happened. Maybe it is just the West Palm area and the local station.
Complaint comments Comments (21) Complaint country United States Complaint category News & Media

Comments

N  22nd of Jun, 2010 by    -4 Votes
I wouldn't waste my time listening to that one sided news channel if it were the last one on earth
N  22nd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
While I do not watch Fox news at anytime, I can assure you that this is true of all stations. It's the way they make their money.
N  4th of Aug, 2011 by    +2 Votes
They are no more one-sided than the other ten lefty networks...but way too mank ads...can't get any news for the ads...anywhere...
A  20th of Oct, 2014 by     Best Advice +10 Votes
The amount and frequency of commercials have become excessive. I have been a loyal viewer for 12 years of FOX NEWS but I don't like the frequency of commercials. Suggestion: Show the commercials on the quarter hour only that leaves more time for the NEWS and that it what I want to watch. Fox is loosing viewers' because of the amount and frequency of commercials. Fox management if you care about your viewers give us a break and reduce the commercials. I have already reduced the amount of time I watch Fox News because of the commercials.
N  12th of Mar, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I've watched Fox news since its inception. I stopped watching Fox & Friends when they hired Elizabeth & started having too many commercials. She's the worst & they lost Alison C. because of that hire. I now watch Morning Joe on MSNBC, too liberal but at least they don't have commercials every 4-5 minutes Fox & discuss the news. Just way too many commercials on Fox news. If there is a Fox News program I want to see I DVR it for 20 minutes & fast forward thru the commercials.
A  13th of May, 2015 by    +3 Votes
I rely on Fox News for the truth about what is happening in the world. However, I am perturbed by the excessive number of interruptions for commercials. I don't know if that is the case on other channels (I've stopped watching the left-wing media), but the impression one gets is that selling time is more important than reporting the news. Being the channel surfer that I tend to be, I'm finding too often that when I land on Fox News Channel there is a commercial in progress, and I just move on to reruns of Superman, the next-most truthful program on TV.
N  29th of May, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I been watching Fox News for yrs. Lately it seems every 10 min there's commercials. I am getting sick and tired of it... I have even switch to msnbc and that desperate for me. Fox if u want to keep your viewers happy cut all these commercials!!!
Pat.w
A  25th of Aug, 2015 by    +2 Votes
It has become so bad, that I consider it unwatchable. So I have stopped tuning in to Fox altogether. I skim the online version using Ad-block, Blur and Ghostery installed in my browser, because it's bad there too - but at least I don't have to keep hitting the "fast foreward" button on my remote any more. You guys had better learn to screen your ads and create an enjoyable experience for viewers or you will have no-one to blame but yourselves for revenue loss. Technology is coming by day and by night to make the same headway that we have on the internet avoiding ads completely, so you better act fast.
A  21st of Oct, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I use to watch Fox & Friends, but now (shock!), I watch MSNBC's Morning Joe. Yes, they are liberal but at least they discuss the issues. F&F have way too many commercials, have people on that shouldn't be (the kid who go in trouble at school who made a gun out of a piece of bread, he just sat there). Its not only F&F but every program. One of the worst is Special Report (SR). More than several times, they come back for a minute & then have a another commercial. What I do is DVR SR for 20 minutes then tune in & FF the commercials. Don't get me started.
A  7th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
It's even worse when you factor in all the teasers. They spend way more time telling me they are going to tell me something than they spend telling me. Seldom watch it anymore even though I prefer it to CNN.
N  13th of Mar, 2016 by    +3 Votes
I too was a fan of Fox News until all the commercials. I can't even view videos on their site without having to watch a Commercial for each and every video. Just ridiculous. Changing channels. Click.
N  1st of Jun, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I work at my computer a lot during most days so I go to Fox News.com for quick up dates. There is indeed a commercial at the beginning of each video. That in and of itself does not disturb me; however, the Adobe commercial depicting two hikers walking along a trail when one is bitten by a snake, and the other is trying to access a page with first aid information, but can not before the poison does its damage all because he can't get past the commercial, which brings me to my point. if you are going to place that one single commercial before most of your videos, the least you can do is have Adobe place a "Skip this add" box 5 seconds into the add so I don't have to mute the sound and do something else while the commercial drones on. In the very least reduce the number Adobe adds attached to your videos.

Thank you.
A  15th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I first began watching the Fox News Channel on cable tv through AT&T UVERSE. I really enjoy their news format along with the fact that they will cover the news from all angles unlike the liberal socialist main stream news networks. However, it seems that within the last year or so, they've begun running way too many product commercials. It's become extremely annoying. I am in the process of looking for another "hard news" objective news channel to watch and listen to. It's bad enough that I also have a Sirius -XM subscription in my automobile and also listen to FNC on Channel 114, however, once again, there are too many commercials ad nauseum!!!
A  15th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I am certain Fox News has more commercials than CNN, Headline News, and MSNBC. I have timed each channel and for every 4 minutes of news on Fox you get 2 minutes of commercials. And even then, part of the 4 minutes is bumper music and cartoons. And Fox can do this because they are the highest rated channel on cable. So they jam down your throat relentless commercial after commercial. I would like a little news with my commercials. I am fed up and moving to CNN. If enough people leave they will have to reduce the number of commercials, but as long as they are on top, they are going to continue.
N  13th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I am the rare liberal who will check in on FOX each day to see what their covering and saying. But it is hard to do because whenever I flip over they're in commercial, and this is not on the hour, quarter or half because that's a complete waste of time. Yet still I almost always find ads!
N  18th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@cuchulain9 I try to do the same thing with MSNC and CNN . . . keep your enemies closer . . . . problem is that, basically, all of the Nets, including CBS, NBC, ext. run on the same schedule for commercial breaks . . . might vary by a couple of minutes but not often.
Only one I have found the seems to be on it's own schedule is HLN. Problem is that they don't carry a ;ot of hard news.
A  9th of Feb, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I only dvr and fast forward anymore
N  17th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Bryan Anderson Agreed. That is the only solution. Eventually, if everyone does it, advertisers may start to realize they're wasting their money. Then perhaps Fox and all the other networks will come back to reality. Of course talent will also have to come to reality and accept huge pay cuts. Is O'Reilly really worth $20 million a year? Airing too many commercials is driving more and more viewers to Netflix and other subscription sites.
N  18th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Art Suriano Not sure that this really works to affect ratings. The rating services that include "cable data" probably count you as "watching" whichever way that you "watch".
A  29th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
3 minutes of news 5 minutes of commercials totally ridiculous will stop watching how greedy can you be
N  12th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
The excessive number of advertisers and the frequency is over the top. If fox news is so poor requiring them to generate huge amounts of revenue through its audience, then it is not worth watching. We are tired of the ADVERTISING and its intrusiveness, the time wasting and ridiculous redundancy. The Commercials replay over and over and over and consume an average of 26 minutes per hour. Since O'Reilly left with his bloated head, Fox lost many of their loyal advertisers so now at view expense they took on many lower revenue producing companies. Now FOX is filling its shows with massive over bloated promotions. I am asking that our service provide put an ad blocking service on all Fox News. They should be able to put some other service in place while all the ads and being played. A good replacement is music, history videos, local news, other things of interest such as congressional hearings. Anything would be better than wasting the publics time with the bloated advertising. We pay enough for our cable service already and to have a network cram advertising down the throats of the viewership is plainly stealing from we the viewers. WE are paying for NEWS NOT ADVERTISING. If Fox cannot provide what people want then I call for a boycott until the advertising is pared down to a respectable level. One ad per 20 minutes of news is acceptable and the ad should not be more than two minutes in length.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree