Fox News / too many comercials

Vero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Although my friends and I enjoy fox and friends there are too many commercials so we are thinking of changing to another station. It is just unbearable — three minutes of news and five minutes of commercials ever few minutes. What happened. Maybe it is just the west palm area and the local station.

Comments

• Ca
      Jun 22, 2010

I wouldn't waste my time listening to that one sided news channel if it were the last one on earth

• Sh
      Jun 22, 2010

While I do not watch Fox news at anytime, I can assure you that this is true of all stations. It's the way they make their money.

• Au
      Aug 04, 2011

They are no more one-sided than the other ten lefty networks...but way too mank ads...can't get any news for the ads...anywhere...

• Best Best Advice

The amount and frequency of commercials have become excessive. I have been a loyal viewer for 12 years of FOX NEWS but I don't like the frequency of commercials. Suggestion: Show the commercials on the quarter hour only that leaves more time for the NEWS and that it what I want to watch. Fox is loosing viewers' because of the amount and frequency of commercials. Fox management if you care about your viewers give us a break and reduce the commercials. I have already reduced the amount of time I watch Fox News because of the commercials.

Mar 12, 2015

I've watched Fox news since its inception. I stopped watching Fox & Friends when they hired Elizabeth & started having too many commercials. She's the worst & they lost Alison C. because of that hire. I now watch Morning Joe on MSNBC, too liberal but at least they don't have commercials every 4-5 minutes Fox & discuss the news. Just way too many commercials on Fox news. If there is a Fox News program I want to see I DVR it for 20 minutes & fast forward thru the commercials.

• St
      May 13, 2015

I rely on Fox News for the truth about what is happening in the world. However, I am perturbed by the excessive number of interruptions for commercials. I don't know if that is the case on other channels (I've stopped watching the left-wing media), but the impression one gets is that selling time is more important than reporting the news. Being the channel surfer that I tend to be, I'm finding too often that when I land on Fox News Channel there is a commercial in progress, and I just move on to reruns of Superman, the next-most truthful program on TV.

May 29, 2015

I been watching Fox News for yrs. Lately it seems every 10 min there's commercials. I am getting sick and tired of it... I have even switch to msnbc and that desperate for me. Fox if u want to keep your viewers happy cut all these commercials!!!
    Pat.w

• Le
      Aug 25, 2015

It has become so bad, that I consider it unwatchable. So I have stopped tuning in to Fox altogether. I skim the online version using Ad-block, Blur and Ghostery installed in my browser, because it's bad there too - but at least I don't have to keep hitting the "fast foreward" button on my remote any more. You guys had better learn to screen your ads and create an enjoyable experience for viewers or you will have no-one to blame but yourselves for revenue loss. Technology is coming by day and by night to make the same headway that we have on the internet avoiding ads completely, so you better act fast.

Oct 21, 2015

I use to watch Fox & Friends, but now (shock!), I watch MSNBC's Morning Joe. Yes, they are liberal but at least they discuss the issues. F&F have way too many commercials, have people on that shouldn't be (the kid who go in trouble at school who made a gun out of a piece of bread, he just sat there). Its not only F&F but every program. One of the worst is Special Report (SR). More than several times, they come back for a minute & then have a another commercial. What I do is DVR SR for 20 minutes then tune in & FF the commercials. Don't get me started.

• Pu
      Mar 07, 2016

It's even worse when you factor in all the teasers. They spend way more time telling me they are going to tell me something than they spend telling me. Seldom watch it anymore even though I prefer it to CNN.

• Fi
      Mar 13, 2016

I too was a fan of Fox News until all the commercials. I can't even view videos on their site without having to watch a Commercial for each and every video. Just ridiculous. Changing channels. Click.

• Me
      Jun 01, 2016

I work at my computer a lot during most days so I go to Fox News.com for quick up dates. There is indeed a commercial at the beginning of each video. That in and of itself does not disturb me; however, the Adobe commercial depicting two hikers walking along a trail when one is bitten by a snake, and the other is trying to access a page with first aid information, but can not before the poison does its damage all because he can't get past the commercial, which brings me to my point. if you are going to place that one single commercial before most of your videos, the least you can do is have Adobe place a "Skip this add" box 5 seconds into the add so I don't have to mute the sound and do something else while the commercial drones on. In the very least reduce the number Adobe adds attached to your videos.

Thank you.

Jun 15, 2016

I first began watching the Fox News Channel on cable tv through AT&T UVERSE. I really enjoy their news format along with the fact that they will cover the news from all angles unlike the liberal socialist main stream news networks. However, it seems that within the last year or so, they've begun running way too many product commercials. It's become extremely annoying. I am in the process of looking for another "hard news" objective news channel to watch and listen to. It's bad enough that I also have a Sirius -XM subscription in my automobile and also listen to FNC on Channel 114, however, once again, there are too many commercials ad nauseum!!!

• Gr
      Sep 15, 2016

I am certain Fox News has more commercials than CNN, Headline News, and MSNBC. I have timed each channel and for every 4 minutes of news on Fox you get 2 minutes of commercials. And even then, part of the 4 minutes is bumper music and cartoons. And Fox can do this because they are the highest rated channel on cable. So they jam down your throat relentless commercial after commercial. I would like a little news with my commercials. I am fed up and moving to CNN. If enough people leave they will have to reduce the number of commercials, but as long as they are on top, they are going to continue.

• Cu
      Jan 13, 2017

I am the rare liberal who will check in on FOX each day to see what their covering and saying. But it is hard to do because whenever I flip over they're in commercial, and this is not on the hour, quarter or half because that's a complete waste of time. Yet still I almost always find ads!

• Wi
      Apr 18, 2017

@cuchulain9 I try to do the same thing with MSNC and CNN . . . keep your enemies closer . . . . problem is that, basically, all of the Nets, including CBS, NBC, ext. run on the same schedule for commercial breaks . . . might vary by a couple of minutes but not often.
    Only one I have found the seems to be on it's own schedule is HLN. Problem is that they don't carry a ;ot of hard news.

• Br
      Feb 09, 2017

I only dvr and fast forward anymore

• Ar
      Apr 17, 2017

@Bryan Anderson Agreed. That is the only solution. Eventually, if everyone does it, advertisers may start to realize they're wasting their money. Then perhaps Fox and all the other networks will come back to reality. Of course talent will also have to come to reality and accept huge pay cuts. Is O'Reilly really worth $20 million a year? Airing too many commercials is driving more and more viewers to Netflix and other subscription sites.

• Wi
      Apr 18, 2017

@Art Suriano Not sure that this really works to affect ratings. The rating services that include "cable data" probably count you as "watching" whichever way that you "watch".

Jun 29, 2017

3 minutes of news 5 minutes of commercials totally ridiculous will stop watching how greedy can you be

• Ji
      Jul 12, 2017

The excessive number of advertisers and the frequency is over the top. If fox news is so poor requiring them to generate huge amounts of revenue through its audience, then it is not worth watching. We are tired of the ADVERTISING and its intrusiveness, the time wasting and ridiculous redundancy. The Commercials replay over and over and over and consume an average of 26 minutes per hour. Since O'Reilly left with his bloated head, Fox lost many of their loyal advertisers so now at view expense they took on many lower revenue producing companies. Now FOX is filling its shows with massive over bloated promotions. I am asking that our service provide put an ad blocking service on all Fox News. They should be able to put some other service in place while all the ads and being played. A good replacement is music, history videos, local news, other things of interest such as congressional hearings. Anything would be better than wasting the publics time with the bloated advertising. We pay enough for our cable service already and to have a network cram advertising down the throats of the viewership is plainly stealing from we the viewers. WE are paying for NEWS NOT ADVERTISING. If Fox cannot provide what people want then I call for a boycott until the advertising is pared down to a respectable level. One ad per 20 minutes of news is acceptable and the ad should not be more than two minutes in length.

Aug 19, 2017

News is free. Use cheaper reporters and just give us the news more commercial then FX!

Oct 27, 2017

Already sick of the Daily white house briefings every afternoon at the 2:00 PM hour. And other news confreneces! I could always do with out that! If that isn't enough I'am sick of the God awful commericals. Always that newday usa
    commericals three times with in the same hour. Lear Capttical Gold commerical usually the first one on. Can't stand Shepard Smith wish Fox would get rid of him! Haven't missed Megan Kelly one bit!

• Bu
      Apr 30, 2018

I watch Fox daily, but the frequency of commercials is over the top and I find my self shutting the TV off in frustration. It seems like any time I tune in ( random times) there are at least 4 commercials to watch before the news come on briefly before the next set of commercials.

• Ho
      Aug 07, 2018

Herman from NY:
    I agree it is so noticeable I switch to fox business at least they have less commercials.

• Tx
      Oct 23, 2018

I DEFINITELY AGREE with you! I cannot stand Shepard Smith, he obviously does NOT support President Trump!! He should be on the FAKE NEWS networks & is really a "black eye" for Fox News! Shep doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time as he inserts his own personal opinion...it's NOT NEWSWORTHY & he is very out of touch and out of place for FOX, bringing them down...his ship has sailed LONG AGO!! The late-afternoon/evening Fox News is my favorite time to watch! The best people are on at that time & I can relate to their astute views & research! IT's time for shephard smith to step down...There was also a brunette, short-haired girl, that worked at the White House, whom shep interviewed today. I was not impressed with her comments either!! President Trump & Melania should FIRE HER! I don't believe ANYBODY should be working in the Whitehouse if they do not support President Trump or his family residing there.

• St
      Feb 07, 2019

Absolutely!
    I looked up this topic and found this page but I seriously doubt Fox will see it or even care, but it's GETTING RIDICULOUS!
    Waaaay too many commercials and segways saying "coming up after this break", then another 5 minutes of commercials. Sickening. Maybe this is how they're so wealthy all these sponsors. I think the Laura Ingraham show has the least commercials of all possibly. Don't even start about Hannity, it's out of control with the commercials but they're paid millions and millions. I'm getting like so many others and just going online for the news while watching something else on TV.
    Oh and btw if you all didn't know, Fox News isn't even really "conservative" anymore. Do your research into the Murdocks sons that took over and the wives. And we all know most women run the house. This network is getting more Liberal by the day. Explains alot why Shep Smith can say what he wants and smirk and smart off about Trump for a full hour like the little smart-a** he his. Trump would b**** slap him in a second. Anyway, Fox if your reading, STOP WITH THE ENDLESS COMMERCIALS!

• Ph
      Mar 08, 2019

The commercials on Fox News have become unbearable, all the annoying 'My Pillow' and pharmaceutical ones especially, the same ones over and over, some are at least a couple years old. I swear it is 3 minutes of news then 5 minutes of ads. I find myself constantly carrying the remote so I can mute them as they drive me up the wall. I used to leave FNC on for background noise, not any more because of all the relentless commercials. I also find myself watching other alternatives and only a handful of favorite Fox News programs now because of it and when I do, I make sure I have the mute button handy as I mentioned before.