Ford Taurus 2002 / broken coil springs

1 Box 2000 L6J 5E4Oakville, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

The front driver side coil springs on my 2002 Ford Taurus snapped as I was backing the car up. It tore the tire (which was new) and the tire "exploded". Luckily I was not on the highway or I would have lost control. This is a HUGE problem with this vehicle and earlier models were recalled. Ford refuses to acknowledge this and tells me it was a "coincidence" that it happened to me. There are hundreds of documented U.S. cases on mycarstats.com. I want to know how many other Canadians have had this trouble.0

Ja

Comments

• Ks
      31st of Jan, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to our 2002 Ford Taurus SES purchased 12/31/01. Front coil spring broke, slashed tire as I backed out of garage. On inspection, it also broke a piece of the strut that also had to be replaced. Also had a rear coil spring broken. Now having to replace 4 coil springs, the stuts and chose to replace all 4 tires. $1700, with only 56, 000 miles on the car. I will contact Ford about this. I too am relieved I was just backing out of the garage and not on the highway.

24th of Mar, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me as well. Front driver side. Coil snapped, tire blew. Not under warranty. There has got to be something we can do!