Ford Motor Company / village ford in belleview fl

1 United States

I saw an ad on their website for a 2017 Ford Escape SE for $19, 044, stock #171739. I called about it and was told they had it in a holding lot. We went in and test drove a similar vehicle. While we were there we made it known to the manager as well as the sales person that we were really only intersted in the vehicle advertised on the internet. We told them our income and what our budget was. We were lead to believe they would have the car there the next day. When my husband and I went in the next day it was not there. We were told several times from the salesperson that we did not fill out the form to have it there. We were disappointed. After spending a good deal of time waiting for them to appraise our car and check our credit, the manager let it be known that they had tried to have the vehicle there but it was involved in an accident in transit and was now in the body shop. He said he would give us a similar discounted price on a similar vehicle, all of which were 2018s. He found a car for us to test drive, an SE, which we liked. However, the price he gave us for the vehicle was approximately $5000 more than the internet special. We had to ask for our keys back several times. I feel like this is not a reputable business and that I was a victim of a 'bait and switch'. I would not recommend this business to any of my friends and I will also let my experience with this business be known. Don't waste my time with a vehicle you obviously don't intend to sell. I was not buying the accident excuse. That seemed pretty convenient and the car is still being advertised as available on their website.

Yo