Ford Motor Company

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 by

corwin ford tri-cities, pasco, wa

Pasco, Washington
I was travelling from Colorado and my battery light came on in my 2000 Expedition. I made an appointment online with Corwin Ford in Pasco, WA to test my battery and I wrote in the remarks that I would like an alternator test too. When I showed up, “Quick Lane” advised me that I had made the appointment with them. There was no place on the website that advised me I was using the quick lane for service. They said they would be able to do a battery test for me, but I would need to go to the regular service department for the alternator check. I let them start the check on the battery and walked across to the service department. I explained to them what was going on with my vehicle and the fact that their “Quick Lane” couldn’t do anything but check the battery and they told me for an alternator check I would have to wait 4 weeks! I was taken aback and had the service person repeat that and he said, “Yes, 4 weeks. We are doing a ton of recalls and we are very backlogged.” I advised him I was travelling with my family and all he could say is that he wished he could help. I went back over to the quick lane side and waited for my battery test to finish. Just as I had expected, the battery was fine. I went back over to the service side and asked to speak to the service manager. I was told he would be right with me. I waited about 20 minutes and finally Marcos Blanco showed up. I advised him of my situation and all he could say is that he was very busy and his techs had all the work they could handle. After letting him know I was travelling, all he could say that he wished he could help. This is just so sad. I purchased 2 new Ford vehicles in 2000. I have them serviced only by Ford in my hometown and they have both been good vehicles. I assumed all Ford dealers were quality operations. I do pay a bit more for their service, but I feel the quality is worth the extra. Being stranded on the road, I was forced to go to a local repair shop that, obviously, I knew nothing about. I was treated very fairly and the price was reasonable to replace my alternator. I will think twice before I go back to a Ford dealership and will definitely reconsider purchasing another vehicle from any company that would leave me stranded like that.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Dealers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree