Ford Motor Company / peeling paint no warranty

My 2003 Ford Escape has peeling gold paint. It is coming off the lift gate, a place where it is unlikely to get stone chips. It was built in Kansas City. Ford says no one else has complained about this issue, yet I see it on a number of posts.

The local body shop says it was a factory defect, yet "customer service" says only a Ford engineer can make that claim. So where's the Ford engineer? Bring him on!

We need to inundate Ford with the VIN numbers of their vehicles with peeling paint. Are you with me?

Va

Comments

• Fa
      27th of Oct, 2008

I have a 2002 Taurus the paint is all peeling off, it looks like something you'd get from a junk yard. The motor is still good even with 130000 miles on. I'd just like for Ford to repaint it, any suggestions???? Thanks,

• Va
      31st of Oct, 2008
    Ford Motor Company - Bad service
    ford.com

They have created a vehicle called the "Flex". This name should be reserved for vehicles that use flex fuel. I feel like they are trying to trick people into buying a car they thing might be economical.

• To
      7th of Nov, 2008

I have a white 2003 Ford Escape with peeling paint. It has about 110, 000 miles on it and runs great! However, it looks terrible. The body shop we use, says the metal was not prepared correctly and that is why the paint is peeling. In Arizona, we do not get the extreme weather conditions that other cars endure except the heat. After 5 years, the paint should not be peeling on the very top of the Escape. I am sure there are others that are having the same problem. I want it fixed by the company.

• Em
      15th of Mar, 2009
    Ford Motor Company - 06 ford mustang
    Fort Worth
    Texas

i bought my car in july of 07 the other day i was driving down the road and my thermostat i guess froze up and caused the housing to blow the thermostat costs maybe 20 bucks but i paid 300 dollars for rerpairs to get the housing replaced

• Fo
      16th of Mar, 2009

Emanuel, I am not sure what happened in your situation. I would recommend that you call Ford Customer Service Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. Have your VIN, the repair order (if possible), the name of your dealership and the name of the person you spoke to at the dealership. The CRC Representative would be in the best position to help you resolve your concern. Thank you.

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

I really don't think there is a valid complaint here.Sounds like the car was bought used so Ford should have absolutely no responsibilty in this case

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

You are an absolute ###.It is just a name.Maybe Flex means flexible in the fact you can either put 7people in it or load it with some 2x4's.You are probably also decieved by the fact that e85(ethanol) is not an economical aternative to gasoline.E85 has to be subsidized by the federal government to even get it close to being an alternative fuel.Gasoline prices need to be around $5 a gal to even put it in the same ballpark as gasoline.If you fill a flex fuel vehicle with E85 expect to see your fuel mileage drop by 30% or more.which means gasoline needs to cost at least 30% more than E85 to be equal.Quit listening to the idiots in Washington and exploit your computer a little more.Lots of info out there that contradicts the dribble coming from Washington.

• Fr
      12th of Sep, 2009

i am having the same problem with paint peeling off the roof of my 2004 explorer. it has only 52, 000 miles on it. i am having a problem anyone to help me get this resolved by ford. please lead me in the right direction.

• Mo
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I have a 2004 Explorer with the paint on just the hood peeling off. It's down to the metal! I also had a local repair shop tell me it was a poor job, and everyone knows Ford had an issue with paint during this model year. It's really a shame, because the paint on this vehicle has always been so shiny and beautiful - and the rest of the car still is. The hood is the only issue. I would love to find out how to get Ford to share in the cost of repainting. I'm taking it to my local Ford dealer this week. They are going to take pictures and submit to Ford. We'll see where that gets me.

• Ze
      26th of Feb, 2010

Ford recently lost Small Claims Paint Peeling Court Case.

Check out various links and Press Releases:

Good Luck,
    Zestar Corporation

• Va
      10th of Mar, 2010

LOL, he is a ###...
    Educate yourself man, c'mon!

• Tr
      21st of Apr, 2010
    Ford Motor Company - Do not react on all the complaints
    ford.com

I cannot believe what I am reading. All the complaints and no result. What is Ford Motor thinking. Buy American-made for what, time on the computer complaining. Ford Motor best wake up because there is no more buy outs.

• Tr
      5th of Jul, 2010
    Ford Motor Company - Stay away from them
    ford.com

I want to know what Ford's plans are on the spark plug problem that they are having. I want to know why you say that the customer is responsible for the repairs when it was Motorcraft that made the faulty product.

• 1g
      29th of Sep, 2010

My wifes truck has the same problem, 2003 Escape with, I believe its called forest gold paint. It started when a very large section came off between the windshield and sunroof. It has since spread, the whole center seem of the roof is bare, and paint has started peeling off the front pass fender, hood and rear hatch. We bought the truck new, off the show room floor, yet when we take it to the local dealer (the one we bought it at is no longer in business) they tell us that it is not a Ford issue.. and I quote the guy that looked at it.."Good Luck buddy"...

2nd of Nov, 2010

I OWN A 2006 F-150 AND HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SPARK PLUG PROBLEM, IT COST ME $981.20 TO GET THEM REPLACED. I FEEL FORD SHOULD HAVE TO REIMBURSE ALL CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE HAD TO HAVE THESE PLUGS CHANGED. I HAD ONE PIECE PLUGS INSTALLED WHEN I HAD PROBLEMS WITH ORIGNAL EQUIPMENT . THIS IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM BY FORD TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

MARVIN A. HARRELL
    WINDSOR VA.

• Do
      8th of Nov, 2010

we e mailed aprox 2 months ago and never heard anything from anyone...in re/ to our 2002 ford 250 super duty...rust asbove the rear tires/fender wells have some sort of great(not) idea of putting an absorbent material inside the fender...all it does is hold moister and now has rotted my otherwize beautiful truck that does not go off road and is washed everyweek and waxed 2-3 times a year...I have been told by a ford dealer in Conn that the metal used in this area has a lifetime warrenty and should be replaced...why has no one contacted me on this...I realluy would like this reparied but notat my expence...this truck costs me plenty and cannot afford to pay 800 to 1000 $ to fix the rot it has..please respomd...corky511@sbcglobal.net...thank you, concerned customer...

• Do
      8th of Nov, 2010

please respond to my letter above...

Ford Motor Company - Ford can't find parts
    Ford Motor Company

I have an 06 King Ranch Expedition. In June of this year I had it serviced at a local Ford Dealership, after almost $500.00 worth of work it still wasn't fixed. It need a heater hose. There is not one heater hose avaliable in the entire US. Evem with Ford working on trying to find one, still after all these months they say, sorry no can do.

20th of Jul, 2011
    Ford Motor Company - car repairs
    John Fairbanks
    3229 Mc Intosh LN
    West Columbia
    South Carolina

I have a 2007, Mercury. The transmission went out with only 79.000 miles. The cost of repairs(replacement) was $2658.17. Two weeks later, the air conditioning went out also. Costing me $1500.00 (approximately) A car that new(4 years old) should have been good for few thousand miles. Ford Motors will not help me in any of these repairs. There will never be another Ford product in my driveway. Would like some recource of action here.

• Fr
      1st of Dec, 2011

I am also having a very difficult time with Ford Motor Parts. The Customer "Care" does not give off the impression that they give two hoots about the inconvience of them not being able to find a part for one of their products. I, too, agree. This will be my last vehicle from Ford.