Ford India - Ford Ikon 1.8D / very bad after sales service

1 India Review updated:

I bought a Ford Ikon 1.8D in June 2005. Since the 1st day my car has never functioned properly. Within 6mths of the purchase most of the parts were changed in my car by the Company service center but all the problems still persist. Now Ford is least interested to do anything even after placing several complaints.

Cy

Comments

• Dr
      3rd of Jul, 2007

I brought my Ford Ikon(Flair) about 3ys back.it was running ok till about a year back. Then suddenly complaint started as intermittent starting trouble, I went to the Ford dealer in Calicut city(PVS Ford), about more than 6 times with the same complaint and I got the vehicle back telling that there is no trouble, but the complaint still remains. They even changed the battery for this trouble. One day when I went again they told that the rocam head is leaking and there is mixing of oil with coolend and now the head is also changed but the complaint remains the same (35000 kms used) and i spend lot of money on it. Now i don't know what to do with this car. I am very much disappointed.

• Si
      5th of Nov, 2008

Ford is turning down on its own reputation or may be its the other way round that they intentionally need to fill up & make money from their service center setups.

I have a Fiesta 1.6 cc Petrol .. since the onset of 3rd year in use, it faced a very irritating technical snag where the vehicle looses its acceleration with sudden jerks while running initially and then the vehicle in subsequent days shall start but soon as you leave the acceleration paddle to pick up in the 1st gear ..the car shall have a few jerks and there shall be an indication on the panel .. with no further usual acceleration possible. The car shall move at a pace giving way to all cyclists smiling at you.

After sales is terrible, since most of the ground level teams would certainly have got frustrated dealing with the piece of junk which is eye pleasing but .. not at all your worth your hard earned money.

Suggest anyone picking this brand may seriously consider the likes of Suzuki, Honda ..but certainly never a FORD.

Sidharth Trehan
    98116-77500
    New Delhi

24th of Sep, 2009

Ford Servicing is very very bad. They have taken full money, but after sales service is the worst I have ever seen in m entire life. I have all the bills with me. I wish to take this matter to the court.