Ford Credit / reposession

1 KS, United States Review updated:

My Mustang was repossessed from the parking lot at my work roughly 10pm last Wednesday. I called Ford Credit first thing Thursday morning to find out what I needed to pay to get my car back and was told then that the repossession wasn't updated in their system and I needed to call back the next morning because it took 24 to 48 hours for them to get all the information they needed. So, the following morning I called again, and was told again that they didnt have their system updated and because of the Christmas holiday I would have to wait until the following Tuesday to call back. Here it is nearly a week later and I still know nothing. I was told they need to do some reasearch to find out what I need to pay. Hello, did I not finance with your institution??? and they would try to call me back by 5pm. I work nights and beings I have no car right now I have to leave over an hour early to get there on time. I missed seeing my family for Christmas and now have pneumonia from walking to work in the cold and still I am told after all this time that they dont have their system updated. They could however tell me that they are going to sell my car on the 5th of January if I dont pay them... but they still wont give me an amount to pay so that I can go get my car back. These people really need to get their program together. It shouldnt take a week to get a reposessed vehicle back when the owner is trying to give you the money!!! If in the future I do buy another vehicle I will not finance with Ford Credit. The people there are rude and condescending aside from being disorganized

Comments

• De
      28th of Dec, 2010

I was 18 days past due not months behind thanks...and had made arrangements with them to instead of defer the payment I would pay it first thing with January's. I didnt realize this board was full of heartless ###s just the same as the credit company or i wouldnt have shared. I am only behind because I spent all of November in the hospital with my son. But hey no one gives a ### about the circumstances.

• Js
      28th of Dec, 2010

You can't fault anybody for what they have posted about you. It is your fault for not stating the reason for your repo. Even now, I myself have a hard time believing that you were only 18 days past due. For the most part repossessions are done only after a period of either one to three months of non-payment and not 18 days. But hey who's to say it don't happen.

• Ra
      15th of May, 2018

@jsunchz It is hard to believe that a person in default has no idea their vehicle is up for repossession. A repossession can happen if the finance source is aware the vehicle is in Jeopardy or being used for an illegal purpose. They can also repossess if the account has been a chronic past due and all remedies have been exhausted.

The ten days grace is simply that and is not a mandate on recovering the vehicle.

• Ro
      25th of Mar, 2011

Here is the problem. Listen.
    A few years ago (3-5) yes. You can't make your payments in good economy, yes, a repo may be in order.
    Fast forward to current state of affairs. Wake up people. This is a depression.
    My story in short;
    I worked very hard for what I had. Perfect credit. Payed my bills in full and on time for twenty years. I was a self made, and worth millions. I have lost just about everything. I tried to work out a deal with ford on three occasions. They would not help. I surrendered the truck. They auctioned it off. Sent me to collections for the balance. I can not pay it as I have a family to feed and no work. The legal firm handling the matter placed a lean on my home. To me this is like John Deer taking the farmers "American made" tractor used to farm and feed the American people. I agree and understand the terms of the loan. What I asked for was help. Time, a better pay off, any thing to help benefit both parties.
    Thanks ford. The all American (and original) car company screwing the all American man !!!
    I will never buy another ford as long as live.

• Si
      3rd of May, 2018

@Robert A. A. Hell, they recently garnished my husbands wages for 16k which isn't even close to what we owed back in 2008/2009. We were involved in the Bank of America/Country Wide housing fiasco and had to file bankruptcy just yo keep our home (which we are still in) but it seems Ford isn't very fond of Bankrupcy and came and picked up the vehicle which we agreed to vol hand over. I didn't want conflict. The prob I have is we were never given the sale info to try and recoup the truck and they sold it drastically under the amount it was worth and now want us to pay the remainder and atty fees and costs. Like 16k plus. I can't understand as my husband is the only breadwinner and we are unable to pay our basic of needs

26th of Mar, 2011

Such nice language for a lady Stealth. Gross :)
    See what I think about it here by cutting and pasting link:
    My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!
    John Wright
    piggybankblog.com

• Ro
      9th of Dec, 2012

Thanks Ford Credit. (for trying to ruin my life)
    Please let me start by saying I have worked very hard and have paid my bills on time as well as having maintained a perfect credit score for the past twenty years. I take great pride in being a model citizen having come from a very tough upbringing.
    The short story;
    By the time the recession hit I was on my 5th Ford truck. Called Ford Motor credit three times to try and work out the loan so I could keep the truck. Didn't want a deal, just some time, lower payments, extend the loan etc, etc.
    No go. So I surrender the truck. A few months pass and I receive a bill for $1800. The difference they claim I owed them as the truck as it did not sell for enough to satisfy the loan balance. Can't and will not pay it. Next they they send it to their (I believe in house law office). Bill now $2400. Next they place lien on my home. Next they place a lien on my checking accounts. Finally they get a court order to have my own company garnish my wages for the now due $3750.
    A proud American self employed blue collar worker who is raising a family proud to drive an American made truck, no more.
    I am shocked and amazed at how Ford has handled the matter. After watching this country crumble, and witnessing first hand how hard working Americans are being treated I have to say I am no longer a proud American, but rather a man on a mission to survive and play by the new rules as needed to feed my family. Rules made by me half the time. I could on and on.

• Fr
      30th of Dec, 2016

I'm having the same problem with Ford Credit as Deoresceadu had. See her posting. I will never ever buy another Ford product again. What a bunch of liars, heartless, cold blooded, arrogant, compassion less, individuals I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Never again. Fords' loyal customers kept them from going bankrupt. Our payback, is Ford bankrupting us. I hope they end up going out of business. My next vehicles will be Korean made. Bye Bye Ford.

• Tp
      13th of Jan, 2018

@Fredng absolutely agree with you

• Us
      17th of Aug, 2018

Our credit union we switched to didn’t send our payments cause our every Friday direct deposit paychecks were “pending”... hence ford didn’t get their money and I just thought they were cause that’s how I had my other bank set up! We have since switched banks and the stupid [censored] Valerie In redemptions expedited our vehicle getting hauled off further cause I told her I was going to pay for my vehicle to get back the next day! This is our 7th vehicle we have bought thru ford credit and never been treated this way! Of course Valerie’s boss doesn’t have the balls to call me back!