Ford Credit / reposession

My Mustang was repossessed from the parking lot at my work roughly 10pm last Wednesday. I called Ford Credit first thing Thursday morning to find out what I needed to pay to get my car back and was told then that the repossession wasn't updated in their system and I needed to call back the next morning because it took 24 to 48 hours for them to get all the information they needed. So, the following morning I called again, and was told again that they didnt have their system updated and because of the Christmas holiday I would have to wait until the following Tuesday to call back. Here it is nearly a week later and I still know nothing. I was told they need to do some reasearch to find out what I need to pay. Hello, did I not finance with your institution??? and they would try to call me back by 5pm. I work nights and beings I have no car right now I have to leave over an hour early to get there on time. I missed seeing my family for Christmas and now have pneumonia from walking to work in the cold and still I am told after all this time that they dont have their system updated. They could however tell me that they are going to sell my car on the 5th of January if I dont pay them... but they still wont give me an amount to pay so that I can go get my car back. These people really need to get their program together. It shouldnt take a week to get a reposessed vehicle back when the owner is trying to give you the money!!! If in the future I do buy another vehicle I will not finance with Ford Credit. The people there are rude and condescending aside from being disorganized

N  28th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was 18 days past due not months behind thanks...and had made arrangements with them to instead of defer the payment I would pay it first thing with January's. I didnt realize this board was full of heartless ###s just the same as the credit company or i wouldnt have shared. I am only behind because I spent all of November in the hospital with my son. But hey no one gives a ### about the circumstances.
N  28th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You can't fault anybody for what they have posted about you. It is your fault for not stating the reason for your repo. Even now, I myself have a hard time believing that you were only 18 days past due. For the most part repossessions are done only after a period of either one to three months of non-payment and not 18 days. But hey who's to say it don't happen.
D  25th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here is the problem. Listen.
A few years ago (3-5) yes. You can't make your payments in good economy, yes, a repo may be in order.
Fast forward to current state of affairs. Wake up people. This is a depression.
My story in short;
I worked very hard for what I had. Perfect credit. Payed my bills in full and on time for twenty years. I was a self made, and worth millions. I have lost just about everything. I tried to work out a deal with ford on three occasions. They would not help. I surrendered the truck. They auctioned it off. Sent me to collections for the balance. I can not pay it as I have a family to feed and no work. The legal firm handling the matter placed a lean on my home. To me this is like John Deer taking the farmers "American made" tractor used to farm and feed the American people. I agree and understand the terms of the loan. What I asked for was help. Time, a better pay off, any thing to help benefit both parties.
Thanks ford. The all American (and original) car company screwing the all American man !!!
I will never buy another ford as long as live.
N  26th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Such nice language for a lady Stealth. Gross :)
See what I think about it here by cutting and pasting link:
My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!
John Wright
A  9th of Dec, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Thanks Ford Credit. (for trying to ruin my life)
Please let me start by saying I have worked very hard and have paid my bills on time as well as having maintained a perfect credit score for the past twenty years. I take great pride in being a model citizen having come from a very tough upbringing.
The short story;
By the time the recession hit I was on my 5th Ford truck. Called Ford Motor credit three times to try and work out the loan so I could keep the truck. Didn't want a deal, just some time, lower payments, extend the loan etc, etc.
No go. So I surrender the truck. A few months pass and I receive a bill for $1800. The difference they claim I owed them as the truck as it did not sell for enough to satisfy the loan balance. Can't and will not pay it. Next they they send it to their (I believe in house law office). Bill now $2400. Next they place lien on my home. Next they place a lien on my checking accounts. Finally they get a court order to have my own company garnish my wages for the now due $3750.
A proud American self employed blue collar worker who is raising a family proud to drive an American made truck, no more.
I am shocked and amazed at how Ford has handled the matter. After watching this country crumble, and witnessing first hand how hard working Americans are being treated I have to say I am no longer a proud American, but rather a man on a mission to survive and play by the new rules as needed to feed my family. Rules made by me half the time. I could on and on.
N  30th of Dec, 2016 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm having the same problem with Ford Credit as Deoresceadu had. See her posting. I will never ever buy another Ford product again. What a bunch of liars, heartless, cold blooded, arrogant, compassion less, individuals I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Never again. Fords' loyal customers kept them from going bankrupt. Our payback, is Ford bankrupting us. I hope they end up going out of business. My next vehicles will be Korean made. Bye Bye Ford.
N  13th of Jan, 2018 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@Fredng absolutely agree with you

Ford Motor Company Logo Ford Motor Company